Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Screen Heater

andy white

I have a 2008 Diesel XTR and it looks like one of the wire elements on the rear screen heater has gone and generally takes more time for the whole screen to clear. I can live with it as I am guessing the repair is a whole new rear screen at significant cost? Anybody else had a similar experience?

I believe failure is normally caused by a stratch across the filament.You used to be able to buy silver conductive paint which would repair the element but extreme care has to be taken to ensure you don't cause a hotspot which could crack the screen.

I have performed this repair in the past.

If it is not obvious where the break is, lightly put the probes of a multimeter(set for voltage) on each end of the faulty line and slowly slide one of them (does'nt matter which one) untill you lose the reading.That will pinpoint the break.

I found that I could do a neater job if I stuck masking tape on the glass along each side of the faulty line where the break was before applying the paint.

Del

Do rear screens come under windscreen coverage in an insurence policy.

If so could the screen could get damaged.(of course accidently) and be replaced.

most policys you have to pay part of the cost towards the replacement.

Naugty i know. just an observation.

+1 on fixing with silver paint, worked well for me in the past

I can see the break in my rear screen heater, but it's under the left hand trim, does anyone know how this is removed without causing damage as there is no visible means of securing it?

Dave

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links