Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2012 Auris

Toyota_FanBoy

Hi Kingo, going back to the earlier new Auris spare wheel topic, what is the actual width of the 17" space saver please? I would like to know if fitting this option would preserve the hidden compartment when the deck board is in its uppermost position. Also on page 451 of the owner manual it shows 3 different auxiliary boot boxes, A B & C, which of those would be correct for the space saver option where the jack is stored to the offside with the tools stored in a storage bag (page 627) ? Difficult to see in the pictures (page 451) but if it is type A it seems that the space saver could actually sit on a polystyrene tray which may raise it too high for the hidden compartment to be preserved. Thanks in advance.

I don't want to appear unhelpful on this, but a lot of things I cannot answer. I don't have the information to hand as this is not some official accessory that gives you all the options. I am working blind because the parts catalogue is unclear as to what options fit with which trays, and there are no sizes for me to work out if it covers up a compartment.

The space saver is 17 x 4T On my catalogue, it only lists one size of tyre which is T125/70D17 But you would need a different tyre for a 16" fittment, I don't know what size that would be, would need to look into it further

As for the boot / tool tray, there are only two on the EPC, one for one with compressor and the other for tools. This could be wrong perhaps, but not an A B C option. From what I can see, the wheel will not fit on a tray, it needs to be clamped down and I cannot see it clamping on a polystyrene tray. It LOOKS (and I cannot confirm this) that a standard space saver would fit in no problem, you could keep the lower deck where it is. If you had a steel wheel, I think you might just get it in with the lower deck. If you have a 17" alloy, you would definatly lose the lower deck

Sorry I cant be more helpful but I dont have any spare time at the moment to try out the options, as I am on holiday as from tonight. I will try and devote some time in the new year when I can try out some wheels options

Kingo :thumbsup:

I don't want to appear unhelpful on this, but a lot of things I cannot answer. I don't have the information to hand as this is not some official accessory that gives you all the options. I am working blind because the parts catalogue is unclear as to what options fit with which trays, and there are no sizes for me to work out if it covers up a compartment.

The space saver is 17 x 4T On my catalogue, it only lists one size of tyre which is T125/70D17 But you would need a different tyre for a 16" fittment, I don't know what size that would be, would need to look into it further

As for the boot / tool tray, there are only two on the EPC, one for one with compressor and the other for tools. This could be wrong perhaps, but not an A B C option. From what I can see, the wheel will not fit on a tray, it needs to be clamped down and I cannot see it clamping on a polystyrene tray. It LOOKS (and I cannot confirm this) that a standard space saver would fit in no problem, you could keep the lower deck where it is. If you had a steel wheel, I think you might just get it in with the lower deck. If you have a 17" alloy, you would definatly lose the lower deck

Sorry I cant be more helpful but I dont have any spare time at the moment to try out the options, as I am on holiday as from tonight. I will try and devote some time in the new year when I can try out some wheels options

Thanks for that Kingo, will await your findings - I realise it is a 'can o' worms' at present. Hopefully it will become clearer in due course and maybe, just maybe Mr T will eventually offer it as an option ( not holding breath though ) Enjoy your holiday, wishing you a Happy Christmas and all the best for 2013.

It would most certainly make it a lot easier! Yes a bit of a "suck it and see" at the moment, but will try and spend a bit of time in the New Year on it. If it was available as "kit" it would save a lot of faffing about

All the best to you too, I'm off for a bit of sunshine (hopefully) will try and check in next week, subject to wi-fi :lol:

Picked my new Auris up from the dealer what a nice drive home in the wet, harsh ride I did'nt think so due to the lounge concept and Zenith Blue what a colour love it, accessories not fitted as not about yet were Mud Flaps, Scuff Plates all doors and boot lid mid January hopefully.

• Like 1

Picked my new Auris up from the dealer what a nice drive home in the wet, harsh ride I did'nt think so due to the lounge concept and Zenith Blue what a colour love it, accessories not fitted as not about yet were Mud Flaps, Scuff Plates all doors and boot lid mid January hopefully.

Congratulations, nice weather for picking up a new car :disgust: and on a day when you really needed mud flaps. Sounds as though Toyota UK have got their car availability and accessories out of sync. Thought the scuff plates were front only?

Enjoy your new motor, please give us your assessment of it once appropriate.

well funny thing is not launched until mid January but my dealer said they wanted them out on the road. :clap: and I have it for Xmas :D

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any new mods avail for the new auris?

Thanks Paul (Uncle Buck) much appreciated.

Got in the car today to drive down to Toyota to have mud guards, Scuff plates fitted and guess what flat Battery, rung Toyota Assistance and the AA guy turne up 1 hour 40 later boosted the Battery drove straight to Toyota Dealer and they will replace Battery.

Liked the interior as shown on your photos.

Soory to hear about the flat Battery, these things come to try us!

Got in the car today to drive down to Toyota to have mud guards, Scuff plates fitted and guess what flat battery, rung Toyota Assistance and the AA guy turne up 1 hour 40 later boosted the battery drove straight to Toyota Dealer and they will replace battery.

That was bad luck with the Battery, Did you actually get the mud flaps fitted. Although they are listed on the TGB website I have been informed they have vanished from the dealers to order parts list, perhaps for a redesign?. I'm certain Kingo could confirm (plus any spare space saver updates) ?

Well they are fitting them today as well as the scuff plates so they must have them but will check with dealer about them being taken off and if so ask why.

That was really bad luck knowing its a brand new car. At least your at home not in the middle of nowhere especially snow falling at the moment.

I did manage to fit mudflaps in time for the adverse weather condition.

Yes very bad luck they tested the Battery and it was dead, regarding the mudflaps they are listed on my dealers system, passenger mirror will need the whole unit replacing even the painted panel on it also the roof lining but will take upto 2 weeks for the lining so mentioned get them done all at the same time.

Already u got much problem with the car did they offer a replacement car?

Roof lining and passenger mirror? Are they faulty as well. Lovely car such a shame.

No replacement car was offered but with something so new you would expect some issues, suppose all these things that are being corrected is crazy for a car less than a month old, but think I need to see how things pan out, may see if I can get something out of this but don't holdmy breath on that.

Yes very bad luck they tested the battery and it was dead, regarding the mudflaps they are listed on my dealers system, passenger mirror will need the whole unit replacing even the painted panel on it also the roof lining but will take upto 2 weeks for the lining so mentioned get them done all at the same time.

Although extremely irritating, the Battery and mirror replacement would not cause me too much worry but the roof lining is of far more concern. Guess give them the chance to replace it and if not 100% satisfied the car should be rejected and replaced IMO. No one likes their brand new car having to be pulled about. Out of interest, did you get the mud flaps fitted yesterday?

Yep mud flaps and chrome scuff guards fitted can post pictures of both if needed.

Contacted Toyota Customer Services and stated that I am thinking of rejecting the car but I don't hold the dealer with any blame as you guys says it's crazy all these problems and backwards and forwards, need to allow 2-3 days for a response.

Yep mud flaps and chrome scuff guards fitted can post pictures of both if needed, may say to them when I go and have mirror/roof lining fitted if I'm not happy I will reject the car.

That's good, would appreciate your photos offer please.

Boot Scuff Plate

DSC_0008_zpscf06599d.jpg

Drivers Door Scuff Plate

DSC_0012_zps6d042a35.jpg

Passenger Door Scuff Plate

DSC_0011_zps9e20e777.jpg

Front Mud Guard

DSC_0010_zps64caa326.jpg

Rear Mud Guard

DSC_0009_zpsf5821573.jpg

Sorry for the images not the greatest but can redo when it's not so bright.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links