Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Auris

Toyota_FanBoy

May I ask if anyone has any idea how quickly Toyota usually eliminates teething problems such as bad roof lining, mirrors, inferior bushes and so on?

I'm planning on getting the Hybrid Tourer around autumn. Would it be reasonable to expect cars delivered in summer/autumn/ winter 13 to be with less (if any) teehing problems compared to the cars currently in dealers' showrooms?

Had a test drive of the new toyota auris, absolutely loved it, features, quality, ride, handling. May I ask some onwers what they think of the car. I probably wont be getting one until after september as I dont have the finanaces now and if I did I dont want a 13reg as I think 13 is a unlucky number.

I have test driven both manual 1.6 icon and auto 1.6 sport, auto is so bland compared to the manual.

Had a test drive like yourself which was the 1.6 Icon Sport and I was hooked considering I have the previous Auris MMT TSpirit, had teething problems at the beginning like 2 new mirrors and roof lining but TBH there always is and it was sorted very quickly, I own the Excel 1.6 manual and I myself did'nt have the funds so went to the 0% finance and I absolutely love the car and I'm glad I have something thats brand new ie Launched 15th Jan you wont regret getting one.

I am aiming for the exact same car as yours but in silver. Loving your car by the way and love the pics, I always think cars look better when you take pics of them or in real life than on websites like netcarshow where the images look computer generated.

how much is your monthly payment and how much deposit did you put down.

I am in a very sticky spot atm because I am moving house soon which is going to cost a arm and a leg, an by the time I have the funds for the car and for it to be delivered etc it will be past march and as I said I dont want a 13reg. So the chances are that I will miss out on the 0% finance which is a sweet deal. I have a contact at toyota who says he will get me 1k off the full price of the car which atm is 20,390 when I am ready to get the car and plus i have to stump up £262 to the DVLA to have the my private reg but will look like a normal reg as I want LJ63xxx then mine, my gf and my daughter/sons first initials.

My car trade in was £6,500 and so got cashback :) deposit was £4870 and monthly payments over 36 month is £242.76 and it will leave £6,500 to pay at the end, I paid about 20k for the car, only extra I went for was protection pack as Pana Roof wasn't keen on or Leather due to budget but if you got full leather the doors cards would be material.

OK thanks for that info, thats very good financial package tbh, but the house move has to come first unfortunately.

I couldn't care about the full leathers, the part leathers are fine and I don't like panoramic roofs.

The only thing I added to the excel was Sat Nav and the tyrol silver paint. I was going to get the sport model but it was only £450 cheaper and you do get a bit more on the excel so why not. When I do go to get the car I am looking at £19, 390 for it though. always nice to have a discount lol.

but if you got full leather the doors cards would be material.

Is that really so ? Full leather normally means seats, headrests, armrests & door cards. The seat rears are sometimes artificial leather only. Surely Toyota cannot be that skimpy ? Leather door cards would be a must otherwise it would look incomplete IMO .

I am being seriious they do not come with full leather or any leather on them at all oh if you order the Prius with full leather even that doesn't.

Something I have noticed over the last years is that motor journalists and other so called "experts" tend to rate Toyota cars fairly low in reviews. Autoexpress "only" gives three stars to the new Auris, and whatcar.com a mere two (one less than the former model).

Whilst I AM aware that MJs mostly award "driving thrills" I do not understand why things such as reliability, and customer satisfaction is practically neglected. Whilst I care more about reliability, customer satisfaction and MPG than driving thrills and make "snobbery", I will admit that the somewhat bad reviews of the Auris affects me somewhat negatively. Personally, I am going for the hybrid tourer. Having no routine in judging the ride quality, handling etc. of cars, I wonder how the Golf MKVII, according to MJ can be so much better as a car compared to the Auris.

uris mey not feel as if "glued to" the tarmac and that the steering my not react as swiftly as that in a Swift, or Mazda 3. I notice the Auris, by some, is criticized for wind noise at motorway speeds. Anybody experienced this problem?

I hope to save money on servicing costs by choosing the Hybrid (even though I won't be able to break even).

I am sorry but magazines like auto express, what car and auto car are full of s.

Today it was either auto express or auto car. the aston martin 1-77 was given 5 star rating even though they said fuel economy was dreadful only 6mpg, and in town driving was difficult because of heavy steering and general manoeuvrability of the car. how does that warrant 5 stars then, yet with the new mazda 6 which I have also test driven recently they say because the tom tom sat nav feels after market they give it 4 stars, yet the sat nav is an optional extra you dont have to have it.

now onto the auris i have driven the auris three times now, in three different areas of london because I wanted to see how it handled different roads and on hills and dual carriageways and (two 1.6 autos sports and a 1.6 manual icon) I found the car fantastic my only criticism was I couldnt feel the biting point aswell as some cars to begin with but then I got used to it. the build, the ride, the handling, the equipment levels, performance I had nothing to complain about atall. Now had i read and took in the utter crap that the reviewers were saying I would have gone off the car, they said things liike the look of the car is quite full and the interior is dull, I am sorry I was going to test drive the golf until i sat in it and was so bored I walked out of the showroom. I also see the mags talking crap about the boot isnt the biggest in its class and rear legroom is cramped first of all the auris has a 360 litre boot where cars like the v40 has 335, new a class 340, the benchmark focus they love to refer to alot a puny 316litres also I had my mate who is 6 ft 3 in the back of the auris and didnt once complain about leg or headroom. All I know is I never trust these reviews and prefer to go and test drive the cars myself before casting a vote. I have also driven the ford focus 1.6t ecoboost an 1.0 ecoboost and i much prefer the auris and the auris is right now the best looking hatch on the market and the mazda 6 the best looking saloon/estate in the family segments. those two cars right now are the only two cars I give time of day to. not boring german overpriced golfs, audis and bmws which are all boring tbh. the 1 series is the best of the german hatches but its still boring and the euqipment the 20. 390 auris has inc paint and sat nav, puts to shame the rest of the class especially the german cars where your looking at 23-26k for one with roughly the same power as the auris. for the more powerful versions which 170-180bhp your looking at 25-29k. I totally hate the way alot of japanese cars get a biased review against them when quite frankly the japanese make some of the best cars on the planet.

just look at the nissan GTR nothing in its class can match its performance, equipment for the same or near the price

I am sorry but magazines like auto express, what car and auto car are full of s.

Today it was either auto express or auto car. the aston martin 1-77 was given 5 star rating even though they said fuel economy was dreadful only 6mpg, and in town driving was difficult because of heavy steering and general manoeuvrability of the car. how does that warrant 5 stars then, yet with the new mazda 6 which I have also test driven recently they say because the tom tom sat nav feels after market they give it 4 stars, yet the sat nav is an optional extra you dont have to have it.

now onto the auris i have driven the auris three times now, in three different areas of london because I wanted to see how it handled different roads and on hills and dual carriageways and (two 1.6 autos sports and a 1.6 manual icon) I found the car fantastic my only criticism was I couldnt feel the biting point aswell as some cars to begin with but then I got used to it. the build, the ride, the handling, the equipment levels, performance I had nothing to complain about atall. Now had i read and took in the utter crap that the reviewers were saying I would have gone off the car, they said things liike the look of the car is quite full and the interior is dull, I am sorry I was going to test drive the golf until i sat in it and was so bored I walked out of the showroom. I also see the mags talking crap about the boot isnt the biggest in its class and rear legroom is cramped first of all the auris has a 360 litre boot where cars like the v40 has 335, new a class 340, the benchmark focus they love to refer to alot a puny 316litres also I had my mate who is 6 ft 3 in the back of the auris and didnt once complain about leg or headroom. All I know is I never trust these reviews and prefer to go and test drive the cars myself before casting a vote. I have also driven the ford focus 1.6t ecoboost an 1.0 ecoboost and i much prefer the auris and the auris is right now the best looking hatch on the market and the mazda 6 the best looking saloon/estate in the family segments. those two cars right now are the only two cars I give time of day to. not boring german overpriced golfs, audis and bmws which are all boring tbh. the 1 series is the best of the german hatches but its still boring and the euqipment the 20. 390 auris has inc paint and sat nav, puts to shame the rest of the class especially the german cars where your looking at 23-26k for one with roughly the same power as the auris. for the more powerful versions which 170-180bhp your looking at 25-29k. I totally hate the way alot of japanese cars get a biased review against them when quite frankly the japanese make some of the best cars on the planet.

just look at the nissan GTR nothing in its class can match its performance, equipment for the same or near the price

Still look on the bright side, Top Gear's JC admitted the Lexus LF-A was the best car he had ever driven although he was not too keen on the seat belt buckle or lack of cupholders - ah, well you can't win them all :rolleyes:

Now, I don't want to start Golf bashing but I saw a new black Polo today and that surely must rate as one of the most bland looking cars on the road today.

Japanese cars are lovely to drive. One thing I can say about the new golf imo it does look good on higher spec models but it still looks boring on the inside.

Yeah! I do agree that when it comes to japanese car reviews they always make them look so bad as if german car are always better. Ive owned 4 toyotas and i've never had any problem with them. they are very realiable and nice and easy to drive. when it comes to reliability and customer service toyota is on top.

One of the best things about the auris and the mazda 6 was the steering I love how light they are. I only like driving with one hand whether its b roads or motor ways and the steering is light, responsive and direct.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Peter, what do you think of your car now you have had it a couple of months? I am hoping to get the same model as you within the next 3 months!

I love the car much, much better than the previous model , love it being the only one I've seen in my area even though they sell well at my local dealer you cant go wrong with it I decided not to go with SatNav as I think a separate one is much better as it can be updated easier as a separate unit and you can choose something thats best for you, did'nt choose panaroof as I did'nt like the thought in winter and when it steams up the roof would always look damp and also cost of replacement if something happened to it,if you order full leather I cannot understand why the door cards are cloth you pay £650 and yet cloth door cards who thought that would be fine, finanace I don't normally go for but was a good thought and a car built in under a week compared to other makes is awesome and also support UK workforce is a bonus, keep us updated when you order yours.

Thank you for the reply, I will keep you updated when I order mine.....will go for leather as I have 2 small dogs andwill be easier to wipe paw prints off!

Will also probably go for zenith blue as well. Can't get over you car actually being built in under a week....used to 3-4 month wait (German!)

What is the fuel consumption like in the real world? does it have auto locking when you get to a certain speed? No problems at all with it? Is the interior nice and plush? Also i'm far enough away not to cramp your style in having the only one in your area! By the way, your car looks amazing in the pictures you took.

Sorry with all the questions but i'm a nosy bugger!!!

Questions no thats fine, must admit my mileage at the moment is ultra low (could tell you my mileage but would have to kill you) so fuel comsuption I cant really give you an accurate reading, the car does not have autolocking when you go over a certain speed, no problems with the car apart from the start but those issues on a car that wasn't officially launched until the 15th January I'm very happy now and I'm sure you will be when you finally get yours, ride is a bit stiff but it isn't as harsh as previous Auris owners found also don't expect much when it states MP3 player can be connected to the USB socket as I have a Sony NWZX1016 and it doesn't work it charges my unit but doesn't play music from it, tried park assist but not in my car :laughing: by the dealers what a strange experience but it was inch perfect.

Thank you for that....will keep you posted as and when I order mine and will see how long it takes!

All the best.

Hello,

I've just signed up to the club tonight, ahead of placing my order for the new Auris Hybrid through work tomorrow. I can't wait to be able to say I'm the proud owner of one :clap:

Does anybody have a hybrid yet, and if so, what have your real-life experiences of it been like? I was very impressed with the test drive and could notice the improvements from the previous hybrid, in terms of driver feel and the auto-box (which didn't seem to strain so much)

Thanks in anticipation

Finally today the dealer got a chassis number and the car will be loaded tonight and will be with dealer tomorrow evening or Wednesday morning, picking up Saturday 2pm. smiley4.gif

Surely I can't hope for delivery a week after the order is placed by the fleet company......can I? :huh:

Surely I can't hope for delivery a week after the order is placed by the fleet company......can I? :huh:

Not if you are buying it through a fleet company.......I doubt it, the paperwork can take a while to process, but good luck with it, hope you enjoy the car when it arrives

Kingo :thumbsup:

Not if you are buying it through a fleet company.......I doubt it, the paperwork can take a while to process, but good luck with it, hope you enjoy the car when it arrives

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks for that - is it likely to be less than the standard 12-14 weeks quoted though, due to being built here in Britain? Assuming the fleet company turn it round promptly of course

Hello,

I've just signed up to the club tonight, ahead of placing my order for the new Auris Hybrid through work tomorrow. I can't wait to be able to say I'm the proud owner of one :clap:

Does anybody have a hybrid yet, and if so, what have your real-life experiences of it been like? I was very impressed with the test drive and could notice the improvements from the previous hybrid, in terms of driver feel and the auto-box (which didn't seem to strain so much)

Thanks in anticipation

Order faxed in to leasing company today - will keep you updated when I hear more....