Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Auris

Toyota_FanBoy

It all depends on the model / colour / trim /accessories you choose and what cars are availalable from stock. If they received an order for your car today, it would not be specifically made for you this week, it doesnt work like that. Cars are produced in batches, certain faster moving trim / colours are made according to their own marketing plans, if you chose the slowest selling colour, in auto with full sat nav for instance, then you might have to wait a few months, but a popular silver in manual, no options, might be already coming off the line and on a transporter to the dealer. Nothing is made to order and delivered in a week, yes they make cars very quickly but they still go through the transport, quality control etc etc. My experience of lease companies is that they can be very good or downright shoddy, its all about the right paperwork being with the right person / department at the right time. Good luck, I hope you get your car quickly

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hello all, my first post....I'm considering getting a new Auris, the 1.4 Diesel, and have a couple of questions. What sort of mpg can I realistically expect to get from it? I spend most of my time doing a sensible 70 on the motorway. And does it have a DPF? Toyota's website doesn't say I look forward to your replies.

Hi all,

New on here, and just about to order a new Auris at the weekend. Just making my mind up on the colour, stuck between Aspen Grey and Pure White. Rest sorted. Auris 1.6 Excel with Panoramic Roof, Leather, Sat Nav and Protection Kit. £1500 discount, and 0% finance.

It ended up as a two horse race with the new Golf, Golf was better but with same toys and finance deal it was £6200 more . :nono: So better ,but not that much better.

Has anyone sat in the new Auris with the Panoramic roof yet? , no one had a demo car with it so I am just going on the photos and othe makes I have seen with them.

Hello all, my first post....I'm considering getting a new Auris, the 1.4 Diesel, and have a couple of questions. What sort of mpg can I realistically expect to get from it? I spend most of my time doing a sensible 70 on the motorway. And does it have a DPF? Toyota's website doesn't say I look forward to your replies.

I took a 1.4 d Icon from Plymouth to Milton Keynes & back last week to attend the new Rav4 & Verso launch & in freezing snowy conditions, averaging 80mph I averaged 52mpg,

Yes the Auris 1.4 d has a DPF fitted, it has a filter monitoring system in place which if you are not driving the car in a way which allows the filter to regenerate on its own the car will give you a warning that you need to take it for a drive long and fast enough to regenerate the filter.

Devon

Thanks for the DPF and mpg info..FWIW that's about what I get from my Fiat Grande Punto 1.9 diesel at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

My dealer has Sport version in stock with panoramic Skyview roof and sport seats, 1.6 CVT automatic. The trim levels are different around Europe, but it has most good stuff on it. I'm a bit wary of the 17" wheels and sport seats. Do you guys have some experience? Our roads aren't the smoothest ones, wonder if the ride is lot harder? I'm afraid I'm not able to take the Sport version for a test drive, but suspension and performance wise it should be the same as the normal trims.

I wonder how the Panoramic roof holds up after 3 or 5 years? Maybe a bit harder to sell as a used car... Do you know how much less headroom the Skyview roof gives you - I understand it makes the roof thicker than normal roof. Is the roof covering electric or manual - didn't remember to check it at the dealer :ermm:

• 2 weeks later...
I wanted to ask if the passenger side tray is illuminated
did you notice abnormal noise problem few movie viewing direct from plastics!

all the buttons are illuminated by car?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am a new member. I bought my Auris excel 1.6 auto on 28th December 2012, so it must have been one of the first.

Overall, it is the best car I have ever had, and that includes Mercedes(1), Lexus(3), and numerous others. As members have pointed out it is comfortable to drive, handles well.

Regarding the non supply of a spare. I bought a space-saver with tyre from my dealer, and it was £155. Also had to add the retaining rod, and bought a pouch for the tools, about £13 more. Gave me peace of mind, though.

The only fault is the mpg, which is dire,dire,dire. I get, after 2000 miles a genuine 34mpg!! Official figure is 50mpg. The rep told me he expected I would get 45mpg! I drive hardly ever using the aircon, nearly always in daylight (no lights on). I also drive very carefully, no fast acceleration. If I drove it normally, and used the air, I reckon I would get about 25mpg.

It that respect it's like back to the fifties!

Even for an automatic (which nearly always uses more fuel than a manual) that is very poor economy ! Do you live in a busy congested zone or in a particularly hilly area ? That would account for some of the poor MPG.

I would wait for the engine to loosen up, then your mpg should improve. You could set your display to instant mpg and see which driving conditions use the most fuel. No doubt the all knowing rep told you a load of bull.... My Auris 1.33 manual manages an average 39 mpg.

Failing the above take it back for checks to be made.

Got the Icon 1.6 + satnav in Deep Titanium (?) fantastic colour. Previously had the Auris 1.3 stop start & before that a whole string of Corollas. The improvement in interior finish, sound proofing, DAB radio etc is worth every penny paid.

I do have one question though. The warning buzzer that sounds when you leave the keys in the ignition & open the door or do not wear your seatbelt etc is VERY faint, barely audible. I suspect it is a fault but would be interested in others experience before I give the dealers a ring.

Hi Bruce,

My model is an excel, so keyless entry. But the warning signal when you leave a door open or don't wear a seatbelt, is very audible, and I'm deaf!! Seems you should contact the dealer.

Thanks David, will get in touch with them.

I've ordered deep titanium....tell me more....is the colour as good as I saw in the showroom in real life daylight?

YES!

I was going for a black Auris. Like that one I said to the salesman, he chuckled & said that's Deep Titanium, wait till you see it in sunlight. He was right, in the sun it's like a deeeeeeeeeeeeep sparkly blue. You won't be disappointed.

By the way DVLA insist on calling it grey!?

Got the car a day earlier than scheduled, under 7 days. Very happy!

• Like 1

YES!

I was going for a black Auris. Like that one I said to the salesman, he chuckled & said that's Deep Titanium, wait till you see it in sunlight. He was right, in the sun it's like a deeeeeeeeeeeeep sparkly blue. You won't be disappointed.

By the way DVLA insist on calling it grey!?

Got the car a day earlier than scheduled, under 7 days. Very happy!

Thanks Bruce - can't wait now.....as if I needed much encouragement!

sweet bruce :clap:

I like the colour - quite modest at certain angles & then catches your eye at others :thumbsup:

I like the colour - quite modest at certain angles & then catches your eye at others :thumbsup:

I echo that! Subtle and sexy at the same time, good look to have yeah?

The only fault is the mpg, which is dire,dire,dire. I get, after 2000 miles a genuine 34mpg!! Official figure is 50mpg. The rep told me he expected I would get 45mpg! I drive hardly ever using the aircon, nearly always in daylight (no lights on). I also drive very carefully, no fast acceleration. If I drove it normally, and used the air, I reckon I would get about 25mpg.

It that respect it's like back to the fifties!

That is very disappointing, was thinking of downsizing my 1.8 CVT Avensis Tourer later in the year but I am getting 38 mpg out of it no matter how I drive.

Does anyone else have the CVT Auris for comparison?

MPG comparisons are always subject to conjecture!!!!

Road type, what are the road conditions, how far is your journey, average speed etc etc etc.

If it helps I have just travelled up from the SW which included 10 mile bumper to bumper stop start on the A380 before completing the journey on the M5, M42. 250miles, 70 to 75 on the motorway on a 1.6 petrol engine with less than 1000 miles on the clock.

Av 42 MPG indicated.

Relying on an indicated reading off the dashboard is not necessarily accurate. My readings are based over 2000 miles of actual petrol put in, against odometer readings, which I admit are possible inaccurate. When I used the motorway on a 200mile journey I got an indicated 47.5 miles per gallon, but the overall reading on mixed motoring is still 34 mpg. When I get to 4000 miles I will contact the dealer and see what he has to say, if the figures don't improve.

Relying on an indicated reading off the dashboard is not necessarily accurate. My readings are based over 2000 miles of actual petrol put in, against odometer readings, which I admit are possible inaccurate. ...................

I started on a full tank, I'll fill up tomorrow & give you the result.

However I do think that your mpg range 47.5 to 34 is probably reasonable for the the types of journey undertaken. My indicated mpg on the 1.33 stop start Auris was in the order of 37 mpg for typical short journeys (school run / shops / short to & from trips)

Relying on an indicated reading off the dashboard is not necessarily accurate. My readings are based over 2000 miles of actual petrol put in, against odometer readings, which I admit are possible inaccurate. ...................

I started on a full tank, I'll fill up tomorrow & give you the result.

Miles 273. (233miles Mway) Fuel top up = 6.4 gal 273/6.4 = 42.66