Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Almost An Aygo Owner - Deals

Elfbert

Hi All,

My partner and I went to test drive an Aygo last weekend, and we loved it :)

We need to downgrade our big (read expensive) car for a little city number now we're living in London, and we really like the Aygo.

However, we want a good deal!

At the moment we've been offered the Aygo Fire for £250 less than the base model Aygo and the salesperson has indicated they are very willing to 'do deals' - the above was their opening offer! I assume end of year targets are looming...

Anyway, there's not much on the Fire we actually want, but I would love to know which accessories you guys would ask for if you were in my position!

I've heard the floor mats can help with deadening the road noise a bit? So I'll be asking for them. Can you get the iPod connector without the full 'pack'? Can you get the mudflaps for the Fire? I've read the website and the brochure and can't work out which bits I could ask them to throw in.

(obviously I shall be asking for a full tank of petrol - not that that amounts to much, with such a wee tank!)

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Elf

Is the new aygo £0 road tax? The 2012 citroen c1 is. If your living in London you'll appreciate the zero charge to drive in the congestion zone.

The mats won't make a noticeable difference to road noise but they're worth getting as the carpet is wafer thin and easily tears

Hiya,

Yeah, 0% road tax and no C-charge (although apparently they're lowering the c-charge threshold again in 2015, so it will apply again. But my partner's firm pay that for us anyway, as he'll be using the car for business.)

Thanks for the tip on the carpets.

Elf

I had been driving about in an aygo and is great on fuel... filled her up and used the car the whole month to work and back.. did not move off the top bar.

Pretty chuffed as so easy to park and get around.

Back in June I went for the Aygo ICE and specified the alloy wheels and mats. The ICE has the bluetooth radio which works really well, as well as other extras aimed more at comfort, like part leather seats etc.. This model suited me better than the Fire. I chose the five door model because that makes the rear seats more useable for luggage, not just the occasional extra passengers.

I has a sub fitted under the passenger seat by a third-party ICE company - makes a huge difference to the sound quality.

The only other thing I might get is a pair of sill protectors - I am always catching the sills with my foot as I get in and out of the car and scuffs are starting to show.

I love my Aygo! I've been getting around 63 mpg when I drive with economy in mind - about the same as I got from my diesel smart 451 which is supposedly the most economical non-electrical car around!

I used to work in the motor trade.. and one thing to remember, is a full tank of fuel costs the garage prety much the same as you, so you don't really get a good deal asking for that..

what I mean is.. lets say a full tank is £40, that's cost them £40, and you get £40 worth of fuel free..

But.. if you say.. I want an ipod kit fitted, that's saved you about £110 , and they will happily do it, as the parts only cost them about £20 and the mechanic is already there too fit it..

think about that in your negotiation. (of course its good if you can get everything you want :)

As previously mentioned, sill protectors are great i have them, and a boot liner is a must have in my opinion..its only about £45 from Toyota, it saves the boot carpet getting dirty, also if you spill anything like shopping or milk, it doesnt run into the carpet and all over the spare wheel. you lift out the rubber liner, shake it off and dry it

what I mean is.. lets say a full tank is £40, that's cost them £40, and you get £40 worth of fuel free..

But.. if you say.. I want an ipod kit fitted, that's saved you about £110 , and they will happily do it, as the parts only cost them about £20 and the mechanic is already there too fit it..

Your theory is spot on, your figures are pish! ;) There is about 20% margin in accessories, so a £100 job will cost the dealer about £80

Full tanks of fuel cost the dealer the same as you or me. You will get more bang for your buck with things like GAP and Supergard

Good luck, get it bought before year end, some dealers will want to hit a Q4 target. Don't get too hung up on what you can and cant get free, remember its the cost to change that matters

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

...a boot liner is a must have in my opinion..its only about £45 from Toyota, it saves the boot carpet getting dirty, also if you spill anything like shopping or milk, it doesnt run into the carpet and all over the spare wheel. you lift out the rubber liner, shake it off and dry it

Spot in mate, until anyone has experienced a spill in he boot, the value of a £40-odd boot protector isn't understood.

All my cars have them and have more than paid or themselves when something has spilt or burst or just let go.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links