Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hi All..... Vvti 2003 Any Advice, As Thinking Of Buying?

Darnysia

I am thinking of buying a celica vvti 2003

I have owned a Mazda rx8 and a Hyundai coupe v6..... I would like something sporty and nice to drive but do not know much about Toyota. Any good or bad info on this model would be great :) I noticed the 1.8 do 140 or 190 bhp .... Is there a great deal of difference between the two?

Thanks !!!!

Hi, and welcome to T.O.C.

If it's a 2003, it SHOULD be the face lift model (letterbox shaped grille at top of bumper), and it will be fine. The earlier VVTi engined cars (99-02) have an inherent fault in the piston ring area, which often leads to high oil consumption, and ultimately major damage to the internals. These should be avoided.

The VVTi-L engine gives approx. 35BHP extra when you hit 6200 revs, but IMO, the VVTi is the wiser choice for many reasons.

Good luck in your search, and don't hesitate to ask should you want further help :)

Make

Toyota

Model

Celica Vvti

Year

Mileage

118,500 miles

Seller type

Private

Body type

Coupe

Fuel type

Petrol

Transmission

Manual

Colour

Thanks!!! oh my, am looking at one at the weekend, but just read your post

This is the advert for the car... The pics look lovely!!! What do you think!! Nooooooo

Silver

Engine size

1,794 cc

toyota celica 140 vvti, 3 Door Coupe, with Premium (sports & leather ) & Sports Pack (17" wheels & spoiler+trim)

Silver, Petrol, Manual, MOT til end of April, full size spare wheel, Sony Radio/CD, PAS, Air conditioning. 1 previous owner(s), full service history, good condition, non-smoker, no accidents, leather interior, sun roof, electric windows and mirrors, climate control, 17" alloy wheels (originals Refurbed 2yrs ago), power steering, ABS braking system, front/side/passenger airbags, alarm + immobiliser , full service history

Good Condition throughout, no dents etc. Excellent runner. Radiator & Thermostat changed at ~90K, Brake Calipers 112k, original Wheels refurbed 2 years ago. Excellent runner never had a problem starting etc. Had the car since 38K, loved it but time for a change.

It could be a cracking car that runs trouble free for years and years. On the other hand it could drink Oil and blow the engine within a few weeks. IF you have the cash aim for a facelifted version. OR go for a vvtLi ie a 190.

Aah, just let go of my rx8 because the engine died( 57000).... I don't want to go through that again!!! Thanks for the advice, it's a great help!!! :)