Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Code Reader '08 D4D 2.2 Tr

mrhclarke

I know there are quite a few posts about code readers, but I don't seem to be able to find everything I need. I just wanted people opinions on what is a good code reader for an 08 plate 2.2 D4D. I would like to be able to reader and reset faults, but also enable and disable features such as anti-hyjack. I have a feeling it is a code reader with an OBD2 connector (elm 327?). I know the cheap ones on eBay come with software that just reads codes, but I know some people download better software to work with the cheap USB cables. Has anyone got any good advice? Anyting to avoid? Any poor software that can screw your car?

Hello, I got my bluetooth one from here ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200840588989?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

and I am happy with what I got at the price, I use torque pro software which is very good but like the device the choice is yours.

The torque software only works with an android phone not a laptop running windows.

regards Pete.

I have an iPhone unfortunately. But my wife does have an old HP Touchpad with ICS Andriod which might work. Do you know if the software allows you to turn features on and off? On my BMW a friend was able to turn on the auto lock doors, I think it is called anti hyjack.

I've not seen that feature on the Torque software, just the ability to reset and clear fault codes but in saying that i've not really done much with it as yet, just tested that it works on two different cars.

Why do you want to turn the autolock On/Off, my 2007 Avensis doesn't have it anyway just manual lock.

Pete.

I'd love to know how to get my 2007 Avensis to auto lock! Good idea if you ask me... I had a Fiat Stilo 1.9 JTD that use to do it when you got over 10mph if I remember correctly...

I was just assuming that the Avensis does have the ability to auto lock, but maybe it doesn't. I know on my BMW and on my old Octavia it was an option that could be switched on.

I was just assuming that the Avensis does have the ability to auto lock, but maybe it doesn't. I know on my BMW and on my old Octavia it was an option that could be switched on.

I agree it's a great extra to have on a car especially for ladies who leave their bags on the passenger seat whilst driving in stop/start traffic.

Pete.

Does anyone have an Avensis with autolock? Or any info that points to it being an option?

my 09 avensis tr came with autolock as standard, but i found it a real pain to unlock all the doors when ever you wanted to let someone in,so i switched it off through the info in the handbook. if you want the doors locking just use the botton on the drivers door.