Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prius Gen 3 Vs Lexus Ct200H

MrMajic

Does anyone have experience of both? Trawling the interent seems to bring up plenty of stories regarding the disparity between the CT's claimed and real world MPG but I wonder if it would be the same with the Prius. On paper it ought to be just slightly less economical.

I have driven a Gen 1 Prius but have driven the CT 200h and I liked the CT200h looks and interiror

but i think when they release the CT with the 2.0 litre engine then it will be a much better car

I have owned both, changed from T Spirit to SEL Premier 12 months ago.

CT200h is much more solidly built than the Prius.

The only thing I miss from the Prius is the HUD.

Ride quality in the CT is fine for me but much stiffer than than the Prius so may not suit everyone.

Over the year I think the CT has delivered, on average, about 5 mpg less than the Prius, my driving style and journeys have not changed during this time.

There is data on fuelly for the CT200H

http://www.fuelly.com/car/lexus/ct200h

There was also a poster on this forum who went from Prius gen3 to Lexus CT200H.

He did post the differences.

Edit:

Here it is

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=131911

Thanks all, I ordered a CT200h F-Sport with just under 12k miles yesterday and collect it tomorrow. I really looking forward to it!

Ride quality in the CT is fine for me but much stiffer than than the Prius so may not suit everyone.

This may have just ruled it out for me as my next car unfortunately :-( I thought Lexii (?) we're meant to have a magic-carpet ride?

Not at the "cheap" end. Having driven the old IS (horrible), owned a GS and an LS, it's very evident that the more expensive ones are seriously better at, well everything, including the ride. I though there would be no noticeable real difference between my 35k at the time GS and my 57K at the time LS, but it was hugely different. You could see and feel where the extra 20k went.

(I didn't of course, buy them new or pay anything like that!)

However, not driven a CT so this might be out of date hot air and it's wonderful.