Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T D4D 2.0 Diesel Auris Brakes,can Anyone Please Help?

Christoff67

I replaced the left rear brake caliper yesterday along with pads. I also replaced the pads on the right wheel too, Good move I hear you cry, lol.

Having bled the brakes all was well, except that the handbrake hasn't readjusted and then, after approx 2 miles I lost all brake pressure.

Yes there is fluid in the system and the bleed nipples etc were all re-tightened. and there are no visible leaks.

Firstly, I was led to believe that the handbrake is self adjusting, is this true?

And secondly, have I missed something with regards to bleeding etc?

Here's hoping someone can help, Please?

Best regards,

Christoff.

Thanks mad midge, will do. Any ideas about handbrake too please?

regards,

Christoff

Pump brake.pedal a few times till pressure builds up.. Handbrake is self adjusting keep applying it, if nothing bleed the brakes and check the pistons are not leaking fluid check brake fluid.

Let me know which roads you are likely to be travelling on.............so I can avoid you :eek:

Do you not thin you should seek some professional advice if you cannot bleed the brakes or even know how the handbrake adjusts?

Just saying...............

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks AurisTr01 most helpful.

Parts King, I thought the garage I took it too were professionals. I did get a refund as they haven't a clue but still no brakes, so much for avoiding huge bills, hence now I'll do it myself. Thanks for your input.

• 4 weeks later...

160k miles and my brakes had a wobble after leaving the car parked for a week... and lost brake pressure. took to dealer, , 1st action from the dealer was to bleed the brakes, and the problem disappeared. after that no fault Found. No visible leaks.

I am guessing the only possible reason i can think of is a seal inside the master cylinder, might have a small amount of damage, dislodged itself from its seating position, and possibly, the high pressure bleed equipment they used in the dealer, "re-seated" the seal in its right place...

So I am guessing at some point ... that seal will dislodge itself again... In the event this is the case , the bill for a Master Cylinder Replacement is 470 quid... I just hope it lasts another 160k before it happens again...

Christoff - your original post does read as though you did it yourself. I would assume that Parts King read it the same way? :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links