Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2.0 D4D Ecu Code Reader

ali99

Hi guys,

I have got avensis 2001 D4D (1CDFTV Engine). Check engine light comes every morning after starting. After running for about 5-10 minutes if you switch off engine and then switch it back on the light goes off and car runs fine. Any idea what's causing it. I have replaced coolant, engine oil and filter to no avail. Secondly do you guys know what the best code reader that I can buy to check the code stored in ECU.

Thanks.

Thanks Steve for the link. Do you know if my car is OBDI or OBDII compliant?. Almost all of the code readers say

they are for petrol car from 2001 and diesel cars from 2004. How can I find out if it'll work for my car.

Many Thanks

Hi Guys,

I have managed to fix the issue with ECU code reader. Coolant as it was diluted due to radiator leak (had to put some water in). I thought it could be coolant temp sensor triggering the MIL. After replacing the coolant and resetting ECU (disconnecting -ve Battery terminal for 30 min), all is fine and no Check Engine light.

I still need to know if someone has successfully used an ECU code reader on 2001 D4D Engine. Cheers.

Hi guys,

I have got avensis 2001 D4D (1CDFTV Engine). Check engine light comes every morning after starting. After running for about 5-10 minutes if you switch off engine and then switch it back on the light goes off and car runs fine. Any idea what's causing it. I have replaced coolant, engine oil and filter to no avail. Secondly do you guys know what the best code reader that I can buy to check the code stored in ECU.

Thanks.

yes it is definetely required to know an error code.

it would be fine to see a video of yr starting up (dash board)

check if EGR reaches bot ends positions + check:

- output from an alternator;

- el contacts on both SCV

once read a correct code please revert.

regards / Igor

Hi again,

check engine light has come back again this morning. I desperately need to know the error code. Can anyone recommend

code scanner as requested before. Thanks.