Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Uprated Sidelight Bulbs

Uncle Buck

As my Auris had very weak looking sidelights (with a yellow'ish tinge), I decided to nip down to Hal***ds & see what they had to replace them with. Right next to the standard ones were a packet of 2 uprated (still 5W) blue-white bulbs for £5. I was a bit dubious as I really didn't want blue-looking lights, but a staff member said he used them & they weren't coloured at all - just brighter. Road legal & E-marked, I bought & fitted them straight away. What a difference !

Before anyone mentions it, I know new standard bulbs would be better than the originals but these are genuinely an improvement. I had one standard replacement bulb in a spare pack & these new ones are way brighter. Here's a couple of pics to show the difference ;

Old bulbs

DSC02211.jpg

New bulbs

DSC02210.jpg

The upgrade looks miles better mate

For those looking to do bulb upgrades should try the following website, they have some great LED bulb upgrades as well.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showforum=171

USE code ACI005 and get a discount too!

Nice upgrade mate, so are these white without being LEDs? Could you post a picture from further away with your headlights on?

Steve - thanks for your comment & the info link :thumbsup:

Chaser - yeah, they're not LED's but almost as good. I'll take some better pics once the weather allows :)

I put some white smds in mine n if you are running hids I would get them as they would perfectly match 6000k.

I am afraid to use my high beams too much to not to cause the LEDs to overheat. They are in the same section with high beams on an Auris (pre-facelift).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links