Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Warning Lights & Error Code Reader

se99paj

I have a number of warning lights that have just appeared on my dash, they are the engine, traction control and VSC are all amber. I took the car for a short spin yesterday then when I took it out again later in the day they turned on and now won't turn off.

I'm guessing that this could be related to 101 different things and that the error code should give me some idea of the problem, but I dropped into a Toyota dealer and they said I'll need to wait until next week and it would cost £60 just to see what the problem is.

Does anyone have any advice?

Is it possible to get a code reader myself that I can use to find the issue or are these just as expensive?

Yes you can get a code reader from about for about £20

Just need to make sure you get the right one.

Something like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-VERSO-Corolla-Auris-Rav4-Avensis-Aygo-Yaris-Fault-Code-Reader-Scanner-/160886220431?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item257590e68f&_uhb=1

Hi. Your problem HIGHLY sounds like a bad contact in some part of the electric circuit (included connectors). For me probabilies are 99%. You can try begining to clean Battery contacts and connnectors and continuing to disconnect and reconnect 5/6 times other connectors that you can see (after you sprayed them with contact cleaner). I advice you to do the work after you disconnected Battery for minimum 10 minutes. If you have not experience in electronic I advice to go in an electric repair garage.

Got the car checked in the garage, they told me it was the secondary air pump, as its the first time it happened they just reset the fault and said if it happens again then take it back in.

The good news is that I don't have to fork out £700 for a new pump so xmas is saved!

Just crossing my fingers that the errors won't crop up again anytime soon.