Do Not Sell My Personal Information

96 Rav4 O2 Sensors Cel Please Help :'(

gerrie

Hi,

I have a 96 (n reg) rav4 3dr auto j version and i my check engine light is amber. The fault code showed that my bank 1 and 2 O2 sensors needed replacing and i have had my mechanic do this yet the CEL is still showing. Both me and my machanic are totally at a loss as to what this could be and quite honestly im ready to cry. The car has been off the road and unmaintained due to it actually being an inheritance that had to go through a lengthy probate process.

Can some one please help me as im in constant limp mode and i really dont know what else it could be.

Thanks in advance

G

xx

So you have the actual codes?

Also is it the MAF sensor that needs to be changed? If not then you can clean this with a can of Isopropyl alcohol

Yeah my mechanic has the codes (i dont have them off hand)

Would MAF sensor show bank 1 and 2 sensor issues?

thanks

Don't mean to sound stupid but your mechanic defiantely cleared the codes after fitting the sensor? Easy to forget and it would be showing the old error if you didn't

Don't mean to sound stupid but your mechanic defiantely cleared the codes after fitting the sensor? Easy to forget and it would be showing the old error if you didn't

Thanks Mystic

I had thought of this too, and have told him that it will need a manual reset to clear all codes, fingers crossed this does the trick as im desperate to have my car back in this weather.

G