Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 1.0 A Good Buy Or Not?

norcoforever

i'm currently looking at buying my first car (i'm 22 with no NCP) i've been looking at the usual punto's polo's etc however for german i need to spend a lot of money to get a car with decent mileage and insurance is high, with the punto they are cheap all round, but they are italian, i decided to get a quote on a yaris, and the insurance is looking very good. i have around £1500 to spend on a car, with the yaris is there anything i need to be looking out for? are there any known faults? when are the major service due? what good and bad experiences have people had with the yaris?? =]

I dont own a yaris or have owned one but I do know they are a very reliable car and not only that, you have a great forum that you can ask questions on.. right here :)

Someone will be along soon to give you some tips. Good luck

i'm currently looking at buying my first car (i'm 22 with no NCP) i've been looking at the usual punto's polo's etc however for german i need to spend a lot of money to get a car with decent mileage and insurance is high, with the punto they are cheap all round, but they are italian, i decided to get a quote on a yaris, and the insurance is looking very good. i have around £1500 to spend on a car, with the yaris is there anything i need to be looking out for? are there any known faults? when are the major service due? what good and bad experiences have people had with the yaris?? =]

Im looking for a yaris as well.

heres the help I got, link on the link below.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=141497&view=findpost&p=1241272

Both the Mk1 and Mk2 1.0L Yarisisuses are great first cars; They're plentiful, cheap to buy (Esp. the Mk1's!), cheap to run and have bullet-proof reliability.

If you don't think you'll be keeping it long, you can probably get a pre-facelift Mk1 with high mileage for a few hundred quid!

If you intend to keep it, full service history is a must; The cars are bullet-proof but neglect by previous owners will hurt that reliability. A well looked after Yaris will easily go to 100k and beyond.

The Honest John's website has a good info on what to look out for - Just hit http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/toyota/ and scroll down to read up on the appropriately-dated Yaris model, then check out the What's Good and What's Bad sections - Lots of good tips on what to look out for when buying.

The thread Avvy posted above has some good info too (May be a bit of a heavy read tho; :D)

another point, if you see a decent one at a decent price be quick they get snapped up straight away.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links