Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Morette Headlamps

jaxx

need to know if the morette conversion uses the original bulb set up

ie the H4 headlight, sidelight and indicator

or if something a little different is used?

cheers guys

:thumbsup:

Hi Jaxx,

can't help you I'm afraid! I used to just buy the bits and have someone else fit them - i know that they struggled fitting them at the dealership and had to get a proper electrician in to do it!

good luck on your quest!

Pav :thumbsup:

u thinkin of gettin a pair rob?

i am!

but tryin to find the best price. i aint payin £350 for em!

had a nice offer of about £285 tho!

cheers anyway Pav it was worth askin

:thumbsup:

wicked.... hey pav, liking the carbon bonnet :D :thumbsup:

u got any larger pics of your car so far? a sounddomain page or sumthin?

Hi Jaxx,

can't help you I'm afraid! I used to just buy the bits and have someone else fit them - i know that they struggled fitting them at the dealership and had to get a proper electrician in to do it!

good luck on your quest!

Pav :thumbsup:

you must of changed the bulbs?

they use H4 and H7 bulbs, side lights are just regular ones, wiring is a !Removed! though

cheers dude

sorry forgot you had them! :rolleyes:

whys the wiring difficult?

The morettes I was supplied is pure plug and play! Now I have done it once, I can fit them in 10mins (once the bumpers off).

They use from what I can see, H7 in the dipped beam, H1 in the high beam, which also houses the side light 5w capless. A normal 21w in the indicator.

I will be changing the dipped beam to HID once the kit comes from Korea.

Don't know if my kit is any different, but I thought installation was childs play. Only thing you had to do was to find an earth (doh) and connect to the Battery. My headlights are not height adjustable from the inside, so I don't know if this made it any easier.... Are the UK Yaris height adj headlights?

Thanks

Al.

mine are adustable yes and i know that there are two versions available

adjusters and non-adjusters

Hi ninjin

You say that you are changing to HID units?? Which units are you using and what are you paying for those? As you can get various HID units in the UK! Just wandered why you are going abroard for them? By the way what size are the dipped beam units anyway?

Thanks

Ian

More than likely a load cheaper

HID (proper good quality ones) here are about 600-700 quid!

gonna get a friend to get me some H4 100W/110W bulbs from japan, they are brighter than sportzblue, anyone else want some

not too sure on the exact size of the dipped beam but it is about 3". As to the HID we are UK distributors for the Korean 'Eagle Eye' make that we guarantee ourselves for 12 months. We have run sets in trials now for over 18 months (in Skyline, Civic & Corsa). They are quality units, not the cheap and cheerful made in China ones (which you can pick up for around £200). We charge £395 for single beam units and £475 for hi-lo beam H4. (this imitates the dipped and high beam of halogen H4).

Al.

sorry your right its H1 and H7 . wirinf is not that difficut it just seems that way when you look at instructions, yashio factory do an HID kit you can see it working on the yaris on their website.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links