Do Not Sell My Personal Information

As If We Didn't Know............

anchorman

So true Anchs, It still beggers belief that the second-hand prices of LR,s are so high. Example on island 2008 Freelander2 58000 miles, main dealer wants over £20000 for it !!!! Enough said

Regards Clare

Ha ! Against all my advice my brother-in-law bought a Freelander HSE for over 30k two years ago, it's been a horror ! On the first day of deep snow last year it wouldn't start and when that was rectified the wipers failed. I will send him the link, just incase his mistake has slipped his mind.... :)

Which ! ! !..........is why i still have my trusty Rav4 on my drive,running costs are affordable,very little goes wrong with it,suits my lifestyle.....which may change is the next year or so......

Beautiful girlfriend ,whom i'm very very proud to be with,can't believe my luck

Tracey....is......the ......best.........thing that's happened to me in years.,So i may need either a 5 door Rav4,or a LC in time to come,as she has two sons & a lovely rescue greyhound.

So.......a slightly bigger vehicle will be required me thinks.

Still stick with toyota though.

Which ! ! !..........is why i still have my trusty Rav4 on my drive,running costs are affordable,very little goes wrong with it,suits my lifestyle.....which may change is the next year or so......

Beautiful girlfriend ,whom i'm very very proud to be with,can't believe my luck

Tracey....is......the ......best.........thing that's happened to me in years.,So i may need either a 5 door Rav4,or a LC in time to come,as she has two sons & a lovely rescue greyhound.

So.......a slightly bigger vehicle will be required me thinks.

Still stick with toyota though.

I thought you said that your RAV was the best thing that had happened to you?

Says me departing with large wooden spoon.........

So true Anchs, It still beggers belief that the second-hand prices of LR,s are so high. Example on island 2008 Freelander2 58000 miles, main dealer wants over £20000 for it !!!! Enough said

Regards Clare

Land Rover only continues to exist thanks to the number of people there are around with more money than brains.

What I find hard to understand is how people that are so stupid manage to accumulate enough money/credit-worthiness to afford to buy the piles of excrement in the first place.

I must say though that I've never rated "Which" car reports very highly as they tend to review cars in much the same way as they do fridges, washing machines & the like. Usually it's the same people doing the reviews, which is a bit worrying, given that they are generally not experienced with cars in general.

As an example you only have to look at the link: although it's the 4.3 that's got No.1 spot, they use a picture of the 4.2.

In my opinion, sites like "Honest John" & J.D. Power are much more useful for making comparatives - unsurprisingly, LR gets the wooden spoon in most of those surveys as well.

Regards Clare

Land Rover only continues to exist thanks to the number of people there are around with more money than brains.

What I find hard to understand is how people that are so stupid manage to accumulate enough money/credit-worthiness to afford to buy the piles of excrement in the first place.

:lol: :lol:

It do make you wonder.

Regards Clare

Every day whilst driving around i look at Disco 3 / 4 ,RR sport, Evoque, i still think the design is spot on,would love to have one myself,BUT..when presented with the FACTS ,i would never touch one for daily use.

Yeah! LR would be ok if it was built by the !Removed!.

Keith

They do one already. It's called a Land Cruiser.

Regards Clare

On my third LR now. First two were really old. First one I actually spent more time fixing it than driving it.

Thought I was just unlucky.

Second one was a beast (rover 3.5 V8) drove lovely till the back of the chassis "fell off". Though I was unlucky.

Bought a nearly new Disco (4k miles on it) from the main dealer and it went back to them about 14 times over the warranty period. Unfortunately once your into the thing for so much it's hard to pull out. I have the Disco to do a job, which it does brilliantly. Then it just breaks down.

If I were to do it again I'd get an LC, but it would have to be an older one. If I got shot of the Disco now (11 yo with 120k on it) all I could afford is a 12-14 yo LC!!

What do you do?!

Dave

Yep.....i keep searching for a LC , i love the looks of the colorado,but cant stand that dated dash....especailly in blue,beige is ok.

I test drove a LC 80 the other day,4.2 straight 6 diesel, on a old J plate....started first time,as if new....it had 150'000 KM ,it were a real beast.......

But.....running a 4.2, ouch ! !,

IF i found a LC series ...local ish, Y through to 53 reg, with under 100'000 miles....i think i would go for it.....but i would have to learn to ease up with my right foot......quite a bit. :dontgetit:

Average annual repair cost £25

I wish :( Sill, mine's just about to go over the magic 8 years so I guess it doesn't count any more...

Land Rovers seem to be trading on the reputation earned by past glories, "proper" LRs went on forever because there wasn't much that could go wrong with them, apart from the aforementioned tinworm.

Yep.....i keep searching for a LC , i love the looks of the colorado,but cant stand that dated dash....especailly in blue,beige is ok.

I test drove a LC 80 the other day,4.2 straight 6 diesel, on a old J plate....started first time,as if new....it had 150'000 KM ,it were a real beast.......

But.....running a 4.2, ouch ! !,

IF i found a LC series ...local ish, Y through to 53 reg, with under 100'000 miles....i think i would go for it.....but i would have to learn to ease up with my right foot......quite a bit. :dontgetit:

I had a 120 series LC4 (57-reg) D4D 3.0 litre and did over 30K miles in it. The fuel consumption wasn't bad at all given the size, weight & performance. It wasn't difficult to get 30-31 mpg, esp on a long run. It was miles more economoical than our vvt-i RAV!

These ran from 2002 so there should be a good selection around and, of course, they are generally bomb-proof - just make sure that the injector seals have been replaced with the modified ones. That was the only flaw on that model.

HERES the one for you Rambs :naughty:

I wonder what the safe wading depth is on that?!?

Yes........seen that on E**y already,an absolute beast indeed,have seen some black ones similar...some with over 250'000 miles on clock......only just run in.....' apparentley '.

I would say ....wading depth would be half way up the windscreen,as it has a raised air intake ....so almost.....Go ANYWHERE,...I'd like to test that claim :g:

HERES the one for you Rambs :naughty:

I wonder what the safe wading depth is on that?!?

Yes........seen that on E**y already,an absolute beast indeed,have seen some black ones similar...some with over 250'000 miles on clock......only just run in.....' apparentley '.

I would say ....wading depth would be half way up the windscreen,as it has a raised air intake ....so almost.....Go ANYWHERE,...I'd like to test that claim :g:

That's what I meant! I watched an amazing episode of scrap heap where they modded cars to drive 10ft deep. They all had massive snorkels fitted and raised exhausts. The drivers wore scuba gear. One team used a Renault Clio!!!

You know.....i like vehicles that are tough,rugged,and .......last,its only in the last few years that i've started to understand the true strength of Toyota off roaders.

Not that my Rav4 is a true off roader,but the other day i did a short cut across a grassy triangle at a rural road junction....right out in the sticks,i went up one side, ( a long ish slope ).., but the other side was a 18 " sudden drop,...i bounced around a little, had a fellow walker friend in the cab at the time......he reckoned it was great fun.....so did i. :laughing:

If i do ever aquire a LC it would have to have a raised air intake and bash plates.

For some reason I read that as 18' the first time :crazy:

I was re-reading the article in the OP and I noticed...

Here we reveal which used 4x4s (from three to eight years old) proved the most reliable in the 2012 Witch! car survey.
Sample sizes: Toyota RAV4 06- (77).......Land Rover Freelander 97-05 (41)

So they're comparing cars with a maximum age of 6 years to cars aged between 7 and 15 years (and a whole lot in between), not that Freelanders aren't a whole heap of trouble but this would rather make the survey one of the most pointless exercises in the history of motoring. Even if they're comparing figures from now to figures gathered in 2005 it still makes the survey a steaming pile of bull droppings.

it seems that you can go into quite deep water if you have a snorkel...

I love that he has his wipers on !!