Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Noticed A Strange Mark On My Windscreen

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi All

I've been meaning to put up this thread for ages now, basically i have like an annoying line going down my front windscreen nearly in the drivers view and its exactly where the passenger side wiper stops at full stroke, (i defo won't get a pic of it because it would be hard to capture) but its so annoying, its as if the tint or somethings been damaged, yet my blades are new and i don't use any chemicals anywhere near my wipers or screen. I've just been out and tried using some glass cleaner but it just won't shift.

What could have caused it?

Sammy :ermm:

Hi Sammy, that annoying mark maybe your reflection on the screen

Try jewellers rouge to shift.it or sit in the passengers seat.

Hi Sammy, that annoying mark maybe your reflection on the screen

Try jewellers rouge to shift.it or sit in the passengers seat.

HA HA HA...funny guy...but on a serious note...where can i get "jewellers rouge" from? never heard of it...

Actually just been googling the matter...apparently its common...i've NEVER experienced this one myself...but people mention using like a diamong polish that window/double glazing companies use...might look into that too.

Found this forum incase someone wants to have a quick read...

http://forums.whirlp...archive/1499137

:flowers:

Hi again sammy,maybe diamond polish is another name used for jewellers rouge.which has been around for ever.

Sorry cant tell you where to get it.

eBay maybe.

Ps.

Just stuck jewellers rouge in my Google search and there is plenty advice on there for it.

Amazon supply it for one.

Hi Sam,

Think you have noticed more because I bet you keep your screen very clean.

I have noticed that as the cars get older, think its where the Wiper Blades have affected the glass they wipe over, probably a long term polishing action.

You become more aware of that line that marks the end of blades travel than the rest of the area it covers.

Even with jewellers rouge you will still have a point of transision, so would put up with a simple clean line you have now.

It might look a lot more obvious or even have a haze is you use the wrong stuff.

Many years ago a customer brought his car with scatching on the passenger side of the windscreen.into the garage where i was working.

After returning to his car after shopping someone had pinched the wiper blade on that side,this left the wiper arm resting on the winscreen. As he drove to garage which was about 5 mile away it started raining very hard, and as he put it, he had no choice but to turn the wipers on which very soon marked the glass.

Very few cars had intermitent wipers then and he did not know he could fold the wiper arm back away from the screen

I saw the damage to the screen and saw it again after the foreman had used jewellers rouge.but did not actualy see him do the job.

The screen looked perfect, no sign of any marks or damage remained and the repaired area looked exactly like the untouched part.

HI Guys

Thanks all, well as it was a nice dry sunny day here in good old Leicestershire, i went out there...armed with some window cleaner...newspaper...and some autoglym...and same rain x...gave the screen a damn good wash and then cleaned it and then went over the line with the autoglym stuff like a psycho...and then wiped it clean again and finished off with the rain x...and lets just say for now...it seems to have dissapeard...TOTALLY... :clap: but i have a feeling it'll be back...because that took some hard work to get rid off...

And to finish...i'll be buying some of that jewellers rouge polish this week anyway...just incase!!! :gunsmilie:

P/S...gave my Wiper Blades a good clean too which seem absolutely fine...rubbers as soft as a baby's bottom and seem too innocent to cause any damage as such...so we'll see.

YUP its coming back...gradually...do you think i should change my Wiper Blades? But they're fine so i just cant understand how they're damaging the screen! So annoying lol. :hammer:

Maybe i should try those new style flat looking type Wiper Blades, i don't know.

Hi Sam,

If we are all talking about the same line , where your passengers wiper blade gets to in the middle of the screen ... yes ?

If you look to the passengers side you will also see that the whole area that blade sweeps also looks different to the rest of the screen.

Its not damage as such, just the constant rubbing of the blade and muck acting as a fine abrasive and in a way polishing that area of glass.

Its the same on the drivers side but its not as obvious because of the angle it is to you.

If you look from the outside the 'polished' areas are more obvious, mines like that too, changing the blades will have no effect and there is little you can do about it, just wear and tear, as I see it.