Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pioneer Avh-5500Bt And Double Fascia With Trim Panel Problem

Terppa1985

Hello !

I've bought new head unit and like to change and replace the original HU with this one. But now I've got a problem with fascia and pioneer trim panel. Pioneer's trim panel it's too big to fit in fascia. It's not so clean installation if I skip the trim panel. I've attached few pictures of this problem and i'd like to get a solutions to solve this, so please help me how I will get clean installalation to this and hear music into new player :)

Pioneer AVH-X5500BT

Auris fascia kit with steering controls

Br, Tero

Ps. Sorry for a bad English :/

post-113333-0-21902400-1355580043_thumb.

post-113333-0-02270700-1355580057_thumb.

post-113333-0-41475500-1355580072_thumb.

post-113333-0-67345500-1355580118_thumb.

Hello my landmate and welcome on TOC! Nice to see some more finns on the forum :)

This is a known issue and is described in this topic. But so that you wouldn't need to scroll through all of the 13 pages I can tell you straight away that you need to sand the black frame in order to fit it inside the fascia. This is what I did to mine aswell.

BTW was your fascia painted from the shop or did you custom paint it afterwards? If you bought it that way, where did you get it from?

Would be also nice to hear some more about you and your car!

Good luck with your project :)

Hello my landmate and welcome on TOC! Nice to see some more finns on the forum :)

Thanks ! :)

This is a known issue and is described in this topic. But so that you wouldn't need to scroll through all of the 13 pages I can tell you straight away that you need to sand the black frame in order to fit it inside the fascia. This is what I did to mine aswell.

Okay, I've to do that. Do you have pictures of your trim plate? I'd like to check first that I have understood correctly :)

BTW was your fascia painted from the shop or did you custom paint it afterwards? If you bought it that way, where did you get it from?

My fascia color was black and local painter painted that on correct color. I didn't find anywhere through fascia with correct color.

Would be also nice to hear some more about you and your car!

I will tell more when my "hifi project" is going forward. I think that updating my music system is only what I will do on my car (...perhaps :))

Don't have any clear pics of mine, but here's an explanation of the process with pictures to clarify.

Ok I had same issue with my fascia, had to match the colour and custom paint it. Not a 100% match though so I'd like a colour coded fascia if I could find one somewhere.

Nice, will be waiting for the updates. Hope there will be more than you're planning ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Now it's installed. Everything goes well and I'm very satisfied the result. Second step is update Speakers and add amp/subwoofer.

post-113333-0-76868400-1357401951_thumb.

Btw. The steering wheel controls didn't works as I wanted. When I press vol+ HU change radio frequency up and same happens with vol-. Up arrow button change volume down. Mode button is only what's worked fine. Very weird :o

Does anybody have a working steering wheel controls on Pioneer HU?

• 2 weeks later...

I placed an order for new stalk adapter from Pioneer. Adapter is Auris compatible but still same problem. I think it´s just plug n play adapter and don´t need any programming, am I right?

Any good ideas for solving this problem? :g: