Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Power

boxa

hi everybody well im not sure where to start but here goes i recently downsized from a 3.0 prado to a rav 4 d4d 2004 i bought the rav of a friend who blew the turbo. ive now replaced the turbo and for some reason the car wont rev above 3000 and it smokes badly if i disconnect the turbo vacuum the car will rev freely but no turbo spool ive read about scv valves and was wondering if this rings any bells any help or advice would be appreciated

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• boxa

• igormus

• anchorman

• thewingedavenger

hi everybody well im not sure where to start but here goes i recently downsized from a 3.0 prado to a rav 4 d4d 2004 i bought the rav of a friend who blew the turbo. ive now replaced the turbo and for some reason the car wont rev above 3000 and it smokes badly if i disconnect the turbo vacuum the car will rev freely but no turbo spool ive read about scv valves and was wondering if this rings any bells any help or advice would be appreciated

sounds like scv's

change fuel filter

clean egr valve.

some guy last week soaked his scv valves in diesel overnight and it was ok for a while.

click on link below

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=87986

yeah i would check scv valves next, if they are required pm parts king(lindop toyota) on here, should be able to sort you out on a price.

I suggest you buy them from genuine toyota dealership for piece of mind. I think there are around £200

£260 to be exact im just nervous about spending that amount of money on a guess if i knew for sure i wouldnt mind

also forgot to say it had new scv valves fitted at toyota 2 years ago but the rav sat idle for over a year until i got it

£260 to be exact im just nervous about spending that amount of money on a guess if i knew for sure i wouldnt mind

also forgot to say it had new scv valves fitted at toyota 2 years ago but the rav sat idle for over a year until i got it

they have certainly gone up, click and read that link i posted a link did you read it?

like i said someone got them working after soaking them in diesel overnight.

please click on the below it will direct you to parts-king send him a message asking the price with your reg.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showuser=34014

Hi,

have you got access to an OBD code reader? It might give a bit more information and maybe reduce the risk in buying the SCVs.

ok guys here goes ive now replaced scvs and theres no difference at all still wont rev above 3000 and chocking ive even dropped the exhaust jus in case of a blockage but its still the same seems like its starving of fuel im now out of ideas all sugestions will be gratefully appreciated

check with EGR as it looks you have contra pressure on the exhaust as one of possible issues

regards

ok let's start again

you ve changed turbo ? why ? was this new turbo the same as previous one ?

EGR has been cleanned -- what was condition inside ?

do you have soot filter -- condition ?

re turbo -- check if all vanes are well rotated, and check with vacuum impulse tube if it is clean inside.

ok firstly old turbo failed because oil filter failed the vains are rotating perfectly and theres lots of vacuum in pipe if you disconnect vacuum pipe from actuator the engine will rev freely above 3000 its only when the gains are activated it struggles

as vissible vacuum attachcment has VSV with el contacts

may be this VSV gices a wrong sugnal to ECU restricting revving up ?