Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No Power

boxa

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• boxa

• igormus

• anchorman

• avensisd4d786

if you can not rev above 3k then something restricts it -- what is condition of fuel filter ?

as to EGR - even though you have no code stored -- its stem might not reach two polar positions partly cover gases passing thru.

Long shot I know but I had a similar thing on an R1 motorcycle and it turned out to be an ECU related problem.. Of course the R1 has no turbo but it took a while to sort and it was when most things had been changed or checked that an ECU was robbed of another bike and it was that !

well has anybody else got any ideas cos im stumped ive spent a lot of money and need to get this sorted asap cmon guys think deep

I got your pm. I don't know how far you have dug into the vsv but it is worth trying the WD40 in the inlets and giving it a shake trick. You can also try using a bit of tube to bypass it. It might result in it over boosting but it will put up a warning light if it does. Give it a try and see what happens.

hi ive checked the brown vsv no blockages and energises ok not sure what presure i should be getting from inlet manifold via tube but its certainly not a lot tried putting it directly to boost sensor but made no difference theres another vsv that controls the vacuum to turbo and the opens the v vains straight away it just wont rev when actuator opens vains i asume the black vsv is supposed to do this it just seems like not enough fuel

Dunno know anything about yer oil burning engine. However, any problems we've had with our diesel trucks has been air intake problems/leaks.

I have a problem on number 2 petrol RAV when the turbo kicks in - above 3000rpm and we have traced it to a fault on 2 air intake hoses after the radiator was changed. Wear and tear on the hoses and a couple of faulty jubilee clips. Cos the interccoler is a bit fiddly, am leaving the fix until January. The head needs to come off as I blew the cylinder head gasket when the radiator went. Fun and games.

Number 1 is still hibernating.

cant see anything obvious what bugs me is no fault codes so im stumped dont know what to do next

ok please list all you ve already done.

sometimes a very simple things give you a head ache

ok here goes i bought the car already stripped down and the turbo removed all parts came with it and i had the turbo rebuilt ive now put it all back together and cant get it to rev smoothly with turbo connected to vacuum.if i remove the turbo vacuum it revs freeley ive replaced scv valves fuel filter cleaned and blanked egr. checked and sprayed vsv valve its when the vains engage it just seems like its strugling for something air/fuel ive taken the turbo of and had it checked by the guy who rebuilt it and he says it fine but it just wont spool up on the car for some reason.it does increase manifold pressure when vac is connected but just wont rev freely

ive also disconnected exhaust in case of a blockage but made no difference checked for air leaks on all pipes im just running out of ideas could it be the boost sensor as it doesnt make any difference if you disconnect air pipe from manifold or is it just for over boost ?

ok here goes i bought the car already stripped down and the turbo removed all parts came with it and i had the turbo rebuilt ive now put it all back together and cant get it to rev smoothly with turbo connected to vacuum.if i remove the turbo vacuum it revs freeley ive replaced scv valves fuel filter cleaned and blanked egr. checked and sprayed vsv valve its when the vains engage it just seems like its strugling for something air/fuel ive taken the turbo of and had it checked by the guy who rebuilt it and he says it fine but it just wont spool up on the car for some reason.it does increase manifold pressure when vac is connected but just wont rev freely

it looks the turbo has been assembled incorrectly and the rottor is not responsive to your pedal

im sure the turbo is fine how can it not work

but i am not

when rpm of the rotor becomes less than designed depending on current load -- this brakes gas flow (!!!) giving no revving up to the definite level -- in your case it is 3k

you must to conside the engine unit as ONE including all partls attached to but not separate as turno is fine and engine is fine

undo turmo suction hose and check with rotor rotation + playing up in bearings. besides be sure the gaskets have been installed correctly to prevent partly covering of gas passing holes. besides -- vanes must be also responsible.

vains move freely no play in bearings its been rebuilt and i have the vrs readout to prove it spools

it means all is OK but still no joy

you ve checked + stripped / assembled everything but no result ---why

think about it matey

have you visitem MrT ? May be they know better than forum ?

I have a vague recollection about incorrect connection of vacuum pipes - I believe it is possible to get them transposed.............

im beging to think it might be turbo boost sensor i can attach manifold presure pipe directly to it and it makes no differance would this stop turbo spooling ?

would i be right in assuming that the boost sensor sends signal to ecu and increases fueling and other stuff including vacuum to turbo actuator to engage or dissengage vains and this is why engine is struggling to rev freely

It tells the VSV how much vac to apply to the turbo vac unit. Are you sure the link is free and if you apply some vacuum to the vac unit does it move the rod?

yes its all free turbo just been rebuilt actuator engages imediatlly when started and dissengages if you take vac of the problem is it revs freely without vac on turbo but strugles to rev with vac on and now im wondering if theres not enough boost in manifold ??

Has the CAT been cleaned out? Normally if a turbo fails large quanties of oil are blown past the turbo seals contaminating the CAT. If its been sitting around for a year before any attempt to repair, the CAT could be almost entirely blocked!

Has the CAT been cleaned out? Normally if a turbo fails large quanties of oil are blown past the turbo seals contaminating the CAT. If its been sitting around for a year before any attempt to repair, the CAT could be almost entirely blocked!

that reminds me .. I did have one turbo fail (melted vanes) as the cat was partially blocked. Just kicked the cat out I believe.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links