Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris With Waterlogged Carpets

Farmerpug

Hello all

My aunt has give me her 2005 yaris 5 door to fix. The windscreen leaked a while back and the carpets have been saturated, the car mists up inside, in the frosts its inside windows froze, and it now smells horrible.

I ripped out the carpet last night, and the foam under it, both were soaking and stinking.

The question is, where can i get replacement carpert and foam from, ive went to my local scrappys and they dont have any yaris.

Thanks

Here is a video might be of use if anyone needs to remove a carpet out of a yaris:

Hello all

My aunt has give me her 2005 yaris 5 door to fix. The windscreen leaked a while back and the carpets have been saturated, the car mists up inside, in the frosts its inside windows froze, and it now smells horrible.

I ripped out the carpet last night, and the foam under it, both were soaking and stinking.

The question is, where can i get replacement carpert and foam from, ive went to my local scrappys and they dont have any yaris.

Thanks

If you google Car trimmers and upholsterers, or car carpets etc. you will probably find someone local who can make them up for you. Are the old ones beyond redemption? They can be cleaned, dried and there are a number of products on the market to get rid of the smell.

Regards Geoff Peace.

Regards

They have been sitting two months, the smell is horrid. I had a fiat panda a few years back had a similar issue (back window was smashed and it sat for 6 months) and tried all sorts of chemicals to get rid of the smell none worked. In the end taking out the carpet and seats, throwing them im the skip and replacing all was the only thing that worked.

But i think i might have found a breaker in craigavon who has a tidy looking 5dr yaris hopefully its in good nick, ill let you know tommorow.

Thanks for your reply

Be careful. My 2005 Yaris had same issue & found a body seam was the culprit under wheel arch - not the windscreen. Mine is French made & Mr T fixed as a "Goodwill" gesture even though it was covered under anti-perforation warranty.

May be the same issue?

thats interesting to know, the carpets are still out, the scrappy had the yaris unfortunatley it had been sitting without doors and had all manner of biodiversity growing on it, the search continues.

But with the carpets out i can look at this wheelarch issue, is this the front or rear one? Is there a thread on the issue?

I will also check the pollen filter sometimes these and the scuttle can fill with leaves and when they dont drain they leak water into the cabin.

I found wheel arch leak ( LH Front ) by stripping out tread plate & kick panel, peeling carpet away & asking someone to run hose around this area.

I started in engine bay & slowly worked UP ( do not start at top and work down ). Eventually found it dribbling in. It was quite sodden after 6 years of leaking.

Ok ill have a look at that tommorow, i have the kick panel off (the lower a pillar trim?) what/where is the tread plate

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links