Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Trouble Getting Into Reverse

negativepitch

I have a 57 plate Yaris SR 1.3, 18000 miles, I have only had it just over a year,

I am having trouble getting it into reverse some times, but it seems to be getting worse, I push the clutch fully down, and I can try two or three times and it wont go in, take my foot off the clutch and re-press it back and try again and still some times it wont go into reverse,

tonight I tried it three times, each time taking my foot of the clutch and re-pressing it, before i got it in.

any Ideas from anyone ?

thanks for any info or advice.

I have a 57 plate Yaris SR 1.3, 18000 miles, I have only had it just over a year,

I am having trouble getting it into reverse some times, but it seems to be getting worse, I push the clutch fully down, and I can try two or three times and it wont go in, take my foot off the clutch and re-press it back and try again and still some times it wont go into reverse,

tonight I tried it three times, each time taking my foot of the clutch and re-pressing it, before i got it in.

any Ideas from anyone ?

thanks for any info or advice.

If you can engage all forward gears, and you did not have trouble with engaging reverse previously, I would be looking at the clutch slave cylinder. Check that it has sufficient throw to enable the clutch to disengage. If that is OK then examine the master cylinder.

Regards Geoff Peace.

Try selecting 2nd gear prior to reverse just to see if engagement is any easier. Also, you could consider having the gearbox oil changed, though, I would expect this to be an unusual measure at only 18k.

Good luck.

Y

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links