Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Switch

kawakev

Hi does anyone know how to change over the recirculation switch on an early 2005 rav bye the way morning all

Hi does anyone know how to change over the recirculation switch on an early 2005 rav bye the way morning all

If your 2005 Rav4 is the same shape as mine.............with a similar ' large 50P shaped ' center dash pod,which houses the Audio unit,A/C ,re-circ,hazard & rear heater buttons.

You may have to start by unscrewing the chrome hex screws on the 50p shaped center dash pod.There's one in each of the four corners.

Then i believe you can ' ease ' away the grey plastic surround / edges,then you can get to the main switch section below the Audio unit.You may have to unscrew the undio unit ( radio ,screws either side ),then perhaps you can somehow unscrew or unclip the section which houses the Re-circ button,on mine ( 2002),there is one single screw just under the 50p shape bottom edge.

I remember this ( vaguely) when....a few years ago,my stereo went wrong,Toyota had to remove it from the Rav4 and get it fixed.....i had a hole in my dash for about a week,so i was always curious as to how it all fixed together.

Hope this helps.........

Hi there, the pdf is extremely helpful.the last picture is the kind of set up i have.i take it to get to the last stage albeit the last picture being different, i still have the fixings in similar places.dont want go in with a screwdriver and find their different.have a haynes manual but no use for this section

Hi there, the pdf is extremely helpful.the last picture is the kind of set up i have.i take it to get to the last stage albeit the last picture being different, i still have the fixings in similar places.dont want go in with a screwdriver and find their different.have a haynes manual but no use for this section

Well....as IanXT4 has kindly show you,once the grey plastic garnish is removed,you should be able to see all the fixings involved,its then a kind of " guess work " with a taped screwdriver to EASE that lower section out .

Just slide a taped screwdriver in.....but over another taped screwdriver against the dash,...even pull at it gently with you fingers...that way you can feel whats going on....plastic will give slightly.

Sometimes a nice hot car interior is a far easier place to work,when doing things like this.........so.

I find that if i turn on the engine ,get it to temp....put the heater on full blast..until the interior heats up nicely ,turn off engine,take keys out of ignition,so there's no power anywhere,....WARM plastics tend to give a little easier.....cold plastic is always a little brittle IMHO.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links