Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Exhaust Woes

The Striding Man

It is part of the centre pipe Jim, quite near the front of the car. Some cars (Avensis) have a CAT which is actually part of the manifold, but on Arthurs car, it is part of the centre pipe. There are a couple of types too depending on year

Kingo :thumbsup:

633111250_o.jpg

That explains why our 10 year-old exhaust is lasting so well!!!

It is part of the centre pipe Jim, quite near the front of the car. Some cars (Avensis) have a CAT which is actually part of the manifold, but on Arthurs car, it is part of the centre pipe. There are a couple of types too depending on year

633111250_o.jpg

So what Captain James T. Kingo is saying is....." It's an exhaust system....not as we know it, Jim...."

William Shatner.....so she did the same right back to him....

Mildly off topic, and had 2 coffees today....sorry.

Bad Kev

All together, another reason to run a diesel...

Unless it has a cat...

And a DPF and a DMF!

So I'm really glad I don't have any of these*.

Chris

* De-catted front box (original blocked up), annual opacity figure of almost zero, and trouble-free Blueprint SMF.

That's good, Chris. It's a shame though that you have to modify the vehicle to that extent to ensure reliability. And of course, Mr. T couldn't sell one like that, not in EU at any rate.

Couldn't agree more. The world is littered with commercial products that have design faults, and some of them unfortunately result in leaving the owner with an on-going hole in the pocket if left unresolved. An alternative is to sort the problem, within the bounds of safety, but I do understand this isn't for everyone.

Chris

633111250_o.jpg

So what Captain James T. Kingo is saying is....." It's an exhaust system....not as we know it, Jim...."

William Shatner.....so she did the same right back to him....

Mildly off topic, and had 2 coffees today....sorry.

Bad Kev

Obviously the Irish kind.............

just today had my 4.3 2006 exhaust sorted ,i decided on a custom fitted st/steel cat back that cost me 360 quid , it's quiet and guaranteed as long as I own the car . I have only owned the car 3 months so mr t,s quote of 1500 quid fitted , is actually 1/4 of what i paid for the rav so was to me is an insane layout but I have always sided with genuine parts in the past and will in the future because of the false economy aspect with spurious parts but on this occasion it doesn't apply and common sense wins .

I was told last January that my 2002 RAV had a hole appearing near the box but did pass the MOT. IT still seems to be hanging on so will see what comes up during the next MOT. Mr.T quoted me £1200 for a full new system so what would anyone recommend if it fails? Go for a stainless alternative or go with a genuine Mr.T system?

D.