Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anything To Clean My Windows

johnro

Hi guys

Recently I went to VOSA and I had to take my film off from the front windows. (They were tinted)

Now I have very sticky windows and I can't open them.

Is there any quick way of cleaning them? Any spray available or smtg? (Paint safe too)

Cheers guys

Methylated spirit is good at shifting all types of sticky residue and road traffic film

It will require a bit of elbow grease tho :lol: Not that easy to shift I think you will find

Put it on a cloth and work it, it evaporates quickly so should not run onto paintwork if you apply on a cloth

Kingo :thumbsup:

try WD40 and then some window/ glass cleaner make sure the cleaner is for cars and not household cleaner..

Hi guys

Recently I went to VOSA and I had to take my film off from the front windows. (They were tinted)

Now I have very sticky windows and I can't open them.

Is there any quick way of cleaning them? Any spray available or smtg? (Paint safe too)

Cheers guys

bit expensive but good stuff

http://www.ebay.co.u...ea56053c&_uhb=1

I tried everything to remove anti rain spray to no avail, I ended up "T" cutting it of the windows

a had the same problem afte tint film removal.. used white spirit to get that ***** out of the window ;)

I got a good tip from a photo-copier service guy. Apparently it's quite common for tape marks to appear on the copier scanning glass. He recommended Isopropanol (not to be confused with switch cleaner) which is basically a form of alcohol. My wife swears by it. She just used a few squirts a hour or so ago to remove tape adhesive marks off a new turkey roasting tray. Any residual marks wash off with warm soapy water.

Most electrical outlest such as Maplins sell the stuff.

It may also be worth trying the alcohol wipes used for cleaning flat-screen TV's, mobile phone screens, etc.

Try tar and glue remover,,you can usually buy it in Halfords for removing tar spots and long caked in grit and dirt from your lower panels.That's what we used to use when I worked as a valeter in a Ford Dealership for removing decals and the glue residue left behind on trade in transits after they had all their vinyl signs removed.

If it was really bad then we'd use paint thinners but with a lot of care !!!