Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing Number Plate Bulbs And Interior Bulb

P34RC3

Iv got some nice white leds i want to put in my number plate lights but i have no idea how they come off. Could someone explain it to me. Also the light that comes on when you open the door. I got some idea how that one comes off but i dont want to break it.

what year avensis is this?

1. Open the boot door and look on the inside of the door.
  2. Find the the cut out that is clearly visible, but covered with a plastic flap... remove it.
  3. Now you have access to the light fitting to the number plate lights from the inside
  4. Find the housing and pinch it from both sides, then gently remove it
  5. You now have access to the actual bulbs

Thats how I did mine :)

As for the interior lighting... Not sure if they are the same since you have the SR180, but you have to push the light switch IN and then pry the casing open to get to them. Thats how I did mine.

I replaced them, my brake lights, rear side light, front side light and fog lights all to LED :)

Good luck.

the best way to do the number plate lights is as "T sport 1978" said BUT do not force them out, gently squeeze the clip from the inside and push it outwards, but if you manage to break it dont worry super glue does the job even after the 3 rd time breaking it.

The front interior light is a standard w5w fitting so probs the same as what you have in LED, the two sun visor light are also the same,

the light in the rear is different.

post-126181-0-80696900-1356134087_thumb.

post-126181-0-65220300-1356134104_thumb.

Thanks for all the info guys. My car has a sun roof so I only have one back light and then 2 that you press on and off. You think I can wire them two front lights to the rear so they all come on when the doors open? Sort of bridge into the back one or something?

P34RC3

Here you go, but they don't really do the bulbs any justice at all. In real life the front ones are brilliant white (not blue or yellow), and the rear are very red. I couldn't take pics of the brake lights as I didn't have another person to apply the brake, but they are very bright.

LED%20Front.jpg

LED%20Back.jpg

These are what I used for them:

Front side light.

501XP-300.jpg

Fog lights.

ultra-250-01.jpg

Rear side light.

amber-750-01.jpg

Rear Brake Lights.

955LEDRED-300.jpg

Rear Number Plate Lights (rather dim but does the job).

white1-300.jpg

P34RC3

Here you go, but they don't really do the bulbs any justice at all. In real life the front ones are brilliant white (not blue or yellow), and the rear are very red. I couldn't take pics of the brake lights as I didn't have another person to apply the brake, but they are very bright.

LED%20Front.jpg

LED%20Back.jpg

These are what I used for them:

Front side light.

501XP-300.jpg

Fog lights.

ultra-250-01.jpg

Rear side light.

amber-750-01.jpg

Rear Brake Lights.

955LEDRED-300.jpg

Rear Number Plate Lights (rather dim but does the job).

white1-300.jpg

Iv installed them. Pretty easy to do. Thanks for the help. I used the ones you have because they were all i had laying around. Not sure how bright they are at night tho. Didnt look very in the day but thats to be expected.