Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Disable Vsc In Avensis 2006

Klaidonis

I have spent hours to find how to disable VSC in my car but no success.

The car is 2006 Avensis 2.2 D-4D (2AD-FHV) with manual transmission. Is it possible in this model?

There is a button on the right hand side of the dash isn't there?

My car has only TRAC OFF button on the left side (left steering wheel). Later Toyota added also VSC button but I don't have it, any suggestions?

Looks like you won't be able to turn if off then! Unless someone else has any views?

Um, I'm curious: why do you want to turn it off? Its a safety feature and lets face it, the Avensis doesn't exactly overload your brain with feedback about remaining grip etc.

Still it can be useful at certain moment (in track or under other circumstances) to turn it off. What else, you shouldn't blindly trust these new technologies, there always something can happen to it. Even if all is good with a car, electronics like VSC could disappoint although this hasn't happened to me but TC has.

If you are taking an Avensis onto a race track then I suspect you have bought the wrong car. As for blindly trusting new technologies, well, if the engineers at Euro NCAP urge us to prioritise it then I'm prepared to accept it as a proven aid to control.

But I'm all for fredom of choice so if you want to turn it off, knock yourself out - hopefully not literally.

If you are taking an Avensis onto a race track then I suspect you have bought the wrong car. As for blindly trusting new technologies, well, if the engineers at Euro NCAP urge us to prioritise it then I'm prepared to accept it as a proven aid to control.

But I'm all for fredom of choice so if you want to turn it off, knock yourself out - hopefully not literally.

Couldn't agree more!

Don't take all my words literally either. I didn't want that this topic goes like most, and if you really take the track thing seriously, there are much slower cars driven professionally in tracks, feels like you are trying to be too right.

Also I didn't say anything that I wouldn't use VSC normally.

Hello mate I don't know if this drawing will help or even work but it shows where the relay and fuses are that control the VSC/ABS.

Click on the drawing to enlarge it.

Pete,

post-74463-0-34246800-1356555120_thumb.j

Hey, its your car, do what you like. If yuo want to take it onto the track to enjoy its performance without the usual road hazards then good for you. I wouldn't take mine on the track because I think it would frustrate me and I would have to replace the tyres afterwards but, you know what, maybe I am getting old. These cars can shift with a good driver at the wheel.

Hmmm... you may be onto something here. Oulton Park could be fun.....

Also I didn't say anything that I wouldn't use VSC normally.

Hello mate I don't know if this drawing will help or even work but it shows where the relay and fuses are that control the VSC/ABS.

Click on the drawing to enlarge it.

Pete,

It looks like my case, where did you find this diagram?

I was thinking of one more question, has somebody any idea how TRC OFF button is working? Maybe I could make similar button for VSC.

So, I can't tell from the diagram if the 50A VSC item is a fuse or a relay (fuse I think). If it is a fuse a simple rocker switch probably wont work because 50A is a big current to break through a rocker switch so you would probably need to introduce a relay & rocker switch circuit to allow you to open & close the 50A circuit.

If it is a relay then introducing a rocker switch onto the low power circuit of the relay will allow you to disable it

BUT I don't know what that would do to the car's electronics and whether it would upset the engine management etc and put you into limp mode.

What does everyone else think?

Haven't tried yet to disable VSC. If the car would go into limp mode then just by 'enabling' VSC again all should be okay?

I guess so - but I'm no expert on engine management systems etc. I presume that if it detected a fault (the open circuit) it would detect the fault going away when you closed the switch again.

• 2 years later...

To disable the VSC on T25, you could just take out the jack from the gyroscopic sensor under the passenger seat (for UK drives), and driver seat (for LHD drives).

The gyroscopic sensor is fitted within a little black plastic box, and is fixed quite tricky under a bended black metal plate, under the seat, towards the central console. You can use a 10mm socket to take the 2 screws form the metal plate out, and careful lift it/move it to have access underneath it to take the plug out. After this, you may take the whole unit out, and get on a spin without VSC and TRC. The car will not enter in any limp mode, will just drive normally with the VSC module deactivated, warned by the 2 leds in the dashboard.

It's very useful if you want to spin the car in snow, for example, or on a track, as someone said earlier, as the VSC can cut your fun quite annoying in this cases (like when I got for spins during winter time, I looked silly, like I didn't know how to drive by handbrake, as the VSC would cut my gas while I was accelerating to the maximum, up to the moment that the engine stalled twice in one minute).

After you finish your spins, just put the module back, install the screws back securely, and that's it. Do this only with your engine OFF! I have no idea what happens if you take it out with your engine on, but there is a possibility to fry something. Other than this, nothing will happen. I drove approximately 2000miles without the module inserted, and there was no problem after I put it back.

You could also take the relay out, but I believe that maybe it could be a little bit difficult, and there is a chance for a non-experimented user, to affect the contacts or relay in a destructive way.

PS: if you will not place the VSC back securely, it is possible that the car starts to act wierd, as you drive, because the module would move independently of the car. Be careful to install it properly back or don't install it at all!