Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rattle At Tick Over

old fiver

Just got back from trip to Leeds 85 miles motorway driving when I got there noticed ticking at idle noise stopped at 1000 rpm, same same happened when I arrived back home stopped at traffic lights and road junctions. Noise sounds tinny like fan blade hitting something but it is not that.

Car is D4D with 103000 miles

Could be injector rattle? Need a vid and sound really as it could be anything. Meantime check your oil levels...

Just got back from trip to Leeds 85 miles motorway driving when I got there noticed ticking at idle noise stopped at 1000 rpm, same same happened when I arrived back home stopped at traffic lights and road junctions. Noise sounds tinny like fan blade hitting something but it is not that.

Car is D4D with 103000 miles

put the aircon on. anything happen to the noise? video would be good.

Thanks for the reply, noise only when engine hot so far. I have been reading forum when noise comes on going to try air con, steering on full lock, dipping clutch although would have done this at traffic lights. will also look under bonnet to see if I can narrow down noise location.

I checked oil today and all ok

Any further advice appreciated

next time it happens please post a video you will get more response. I had a rattle and it was the aircon so put a smaller belt on it to bypass it as couldnt afford the whole unit plus I dont use it anyway. aircon unit was about £300. if you want i can recommend you to my mechanic im near durham in teesside.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links