Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacement Battery

crustyclam

Hi,

Car went in for intermediate service on Friday and the Battery failed the test with low cold cranking amp and is now recommended to be changed.

I have searched some sites stating my vehicle and the Cranking Amps specified on the recommended batteries are lower than what i have now (780 CCA fitted).

Would like to keep the same or higher...can anyone recommend a good replacement. Dealer wanted £110 fitted.

Best i have seen is on eBay Varta 830 amps.

I do prefer to pickup though rather than mail order. Was hoping Euro Carparts would come through as they do some good prices.

Cheers

Lee

Assuming this http://www.toyota.co...nership&sr=Malllink works the prices fitted seems a very good deal to me.

I paid the same from an indie last year

Thank you, it was a toyota garage that quoted me £110 fitted, not bad...but always looking to shave a few quid off, and don't mind fitting myself.

Managed to find another company that sells the Varta Battery and i think also an own brand, both would be suitable, price seems good:-

http://www.advancedbatterysupplies.co.uk/carbatteryvartablueg8.html

http://www.advancedbatterysupplies.co.uk/carbattery250.html

Will go for the Varta....apart from the other one not much choice, and VARTA is a good make.

Varta G7.

The orientation of the terminals on the G8 and the length of the T180 Battery cables means you will struggle stretching them to connect.

Hello Big Kev :) FIrst week of 3 weeks of holidays and I'm going stir crazy already.

Who or what is Benny Gremlin?

Varta G7.

The orientation of the terminals on the G8 and the length of the T180 battery cables means you will struggle stretching them to connect.

Hello Big Kev :) FIrst week of 3 weeks of holidays and I'm going stir crazy already.

......A VERY UNKIND NAME AH GOT AT "THE MUNGO" IN GLASGOW DUE TO STICKY OOT EARS.....

Cured by self surgery.....eat so many sweeties that you get a big Baw Face that catches up with the ear projection.....!!!! Totally concur with stir crazy.....weather not as bad as our Southern cousins, but bowfin' regardless. At least don't have to go to work after holidays and wish folk a happy new year that you wouldn't extinguish in a rude fashion if they burst into flames......yohobliddyho !!!!

Big Kev

Varta G7.

The orientation of the terminals on the G8 and the length of the T180 battery cables means you will struggle stretching them to connect.

......A VERY UNKIND NAME AH GOT AT "THE MUNGO" IN GLASGOW DUE TO STICKY OOT EARS.....

Cured by self surgery.....eat so many sweeties that you get a big Baw Face that catches up with the ear projection.....!!!! Totally concur with stir crazy.....weather not as bad as our Southern cousins, but bowfin' regardless. At least don't have to go to work after holidays and wish folk a happy new year that you wouldn't extinguish in a rude fashion if they burst into flames......yohobliddyho !!!!

Big Kev

Sometimes your soliloquys are a bit hard to follow, BK; I had to read that one a few times to get the drift - particularly as the subject matter had such breadth: from physiological abnormalies to DIY fire-fighting techniques.

Sort of a cross between the Bard & Rabbie now & again. Tres cool!

Typical - read this post yesterday then went to start RAV nummer 2. Battery flat. Well not flat - same shape as before but no power in it. One of the middle cells has been sick all over the top of the Battery so I poured hot water to wash it all off. Attached Battery charger and off to local shop today to get battery checked - its a Lion Battery with 30% extra so it says on the label. I think I stole it from a motorbike. Wish I could remember its regy plate to claim on the warranty!

Well, the Lion is well deid. Bought a Yuasa Battery - £57 - no bad. Then I get the scrap value on the old Battery. just need to fill it with porridge.