Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Si Corolla Starting Issues

nightblade

Hey all,

Im just wondering if anyone can help with a starting issue for my Si. Most of the time when i start her up it takes ages to start even when i have the foot on the accelerator. I sometimes even have to turn the key over twice or three times. I have already changed over the HT leads and plugs so theres a good spark (or should be anyway) and the petrol tank was changed and Iv used some of that petrol cleaner so the is clean going through. It doesnt sound like its the starter motor cause it does start and it sounds like its starting over before the car finally starts.

Im starting to think if its the immobilisor but im not sure. is there a way i can test this?

A simple check is to remove a spark plug,reconnect it to it's lead,lay the plug on the engine where it is touching metal and you can see the business end and have someone try to start it.this will prove if there is a spark. If there is the immobiliser is OK

HTH

Del

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links