Do Not Sell My Personal Information

12 Months Today...

Paulus17

...that we went and picked our Rav up from the Toyota dealer,and dare i say it has given us 12 months trouble free motoring :yahoo:

Apart from when on Boxing day,last year we was going out and we had a dead Battery,which was replaced within the hour due to the AA cover we had when we bought the Rav,and has be fine since.

post-111709-0-82642100-1356277477_thumb.

post-111709-0-72960200-1356277493_thumb.

post-111709-0-36042600-1356277513_thumb.

post-111709-0-27075600-1356277545_thumb.

Only had mine 4 months and have to say its the best car I've ever bought. Nice to see some posts praising the car and not just peeps with problems. Ravs Rule OK! :D

Well I've had mine 13 months and despite the problems it has given me and the resultant expense I can honestly say it's a great wee motor with bags of potential.

Given time I will get it just the way I want it.

It's now 10yrs & 6 months since we took delivery of our VX auto in Paris. Apart from a few sensors covered under warranty & a new cat necessitated by the complete incompetence of the worst Toyota service agent in the UK, it is without doubt the best car we've ever owned.

I just wish that I could find an NOS model like this one; I'd buy it like a shot!!'

The 3-dr is 8 and a half years old with 50K+ miles and no issue in the past 18 months since I bought it. I also had a 55-reg D4D for about 9 months in 2007/8 and it was also first class.

Mr. T certainly got most things right with the 4.2.

While we was oot and aboot yesterday we saw a cracking white,05,3 door Rav,it looked really sporty and nice in white,then we saw another 3 door same colour as ours for sale at a local garage,then i saw a 5 door,again same colour as ours but with a black bottom half with RAV in the reg plate,didn't get the rest of the number as i just looked round and saw it going past as we was parked up.

Then on the way home we saw a grey Rav coming towards us and the passenger started waving at us,so i waved back but it was only when it got close enough/passing we realised it the was Mrs Ps sister :laughing:

Yep......their a good little 4x4,i would like something bigger,but the expense worries me.

The Rav4 is just right for me ........in my own own little world,just me...my boots,cycle,and outdoor gear,it gets me about in the snow with ease.

Brilliant to drive,the center arm rest is height is perfect...as is the door arm rest,it cruises at .....ahem, some speed so smoothly.All i would like is more ground clearance,maybe low range & diff lock.

However......in the new year,and with a lovely lady in my life now,a bigger vehicle it may have to be......wether a 5 door rav !,or land cruiser.

But.....i hope to keep in the Toyota world.....and with four wheel drive....thats a must.

Nice to see some posts praising the car and not just peeps with problems.

Well said Wingo. Just recently I have wondered what guests and newbies would make of us and the RAV. These forums are wonderful for sharing solutions to problems but I do like the counter balance of reading the good news stories and the 'where I have beens' as well!

Enjoy tomorrow, folks :newyear::xmas: and spare a thought for those poor folk flooded out.

Mike D

from Dartmoor where us says tis raining streams and as dark as a cow's guts

Our RAV has been with us for about 15 months now and has been superb. Front sidelight replaced but nothing else needed. Very versatile and a good looking car :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm taking mine in tomorrow as got problems with the DPF, so not looking forward to it!

I'm taking mine in tomorrow as got problems with the DPF, so not looking forward to it!

P2002? As terrified as I was to take ours in to Toyota, it was just blocked pipework (£148 versus £2K+). Having said that, this last little episode was enough to convince me that I couldn't afford to keep the 2AD+DPF combo. Shame, because it was an astonishing car to drive.

Both mine are over the 18 year old mark. Not bad considering the Vauxhall Viva HB I had years ago! That got to 5 years.

Yep its that code, just hope mine is something simple like that!

In the unlikely event that you have taken it to an independent garage, this is really one for Toyota to look at; they have a comprehensive document for diagnosing this particular code (which has been posted somewhere in the past, but can't find it). Can also be caused by a sticky EGR valve or anything else that reduces the pressure differential before/after the CAT, so here's hoping it's not the CAT itself.

I took it to cardiff Toyota so hopefully they can sort it

Is there any way to prevent it!

I took it to cardiff Toyota so hopefully they can sort it

Is there any way to prevent it!

Depends how far advanced the 'sooting' in your engine is from what I can gather. In a fairly cleanly running 2.2, using good quality fuel with the odd dose of your preferred fuel treatment (BG244 or the like) is likely to help. On the other hand, it could be the start of carbon clogging that will lead to the engine's ultimate demise through sooting in the combustion chambers and oil consumption/head gasket failure. Have a read through CharlieFarlie's thread on the 2AD engine issues and see how you feel.

Like yours, ours was a 2006 car, and rapidly approaching the end of Toyota's extended warranty. Although Toyota's warranty goes well beyond what other manufacturers may offer in similar circumstances, the T180 has the added complication of a CAT. In order to qualify for the warranty, the engine needs to be using a certain amount of oil. If it's not, you will bear the cost of CAT failure from what I understand, as will you once the warranty runs out. Conversely, if the engine is using the prescribed amount of oil, Toyota will replace the CAT as a part of the remediation work. If you qualify for engine replacement under the Toyota warranty, you will likely have a car that will last you a good few years; if not, think carefully about the potential costs and how likely you feel you are to experience them based on responses to CharlieFarlie's thread.

Thanks for the advice, it's not really using a great deal of oil so just hoping it's something straight forward!?

Thanks for the advice, it's not really using a great deal of oil so just hoping it's something straight forward!?

Hope so. Let us know how you get on.