Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Rav4 Playsite

anchorman

Don, Dave M did a link to this site in his post on the 14th Dec.Very good link though.

Regards Clare

Don, Dave M did a link to this site in his post on the 14th Dec.Very good link though.

Regards Clare

He did indeed and i still can't get it to load???

Keeps saying -Toyota website is not responding.

Regards Clare

He did indeed and i still can't get it to load???

Keeps saying -Toyota website is not responding.

Only tried on my iPad, but never loaded for me either :(

No problems loading on my Macpro, I'm not keen on the new green colour but I like the grayish blue, the dark colours look better against all the black body mouldings, maybe full colour will be an option. I must say I really like the new dash style, I looked at the similar dash layout in a new Auris recently and the finish was very very good.

Regards Clare

Oh! - sorry Dave

For those of you having trouble, make sure there \re no pop up blockers running and if you have compatibility view (looks like a torn page right at the top of your browser) give that a click first.

Just got it to load to 100% then page froze again and had the toyota website not responding come up again??

I am using Vista so an old lappy??

viewing it on my 32" smart tv , all good apart from the 3D button, i treated myself to a new tv

Edit.....neither my Vista desk top ( 4 yrs old ),or Samsung new smart tv will work with that 3D 720 world button....very frustrating.

And just as we've got BT B.band now,brand new home hub 3,but still only 4mbps.....countryside village living for you !.

viewing it on my 32" smart tv , all good apart from the 3D button, i treated myself to a new tv

Edit.....neither my Vista desk top ( 4 yrs old ),or samsung new smart tv will work with that 3D 720 world button....very frustrating.

And just as we've got BT B.band now,brand new home hub 3,but still only 4mbps.....countryside village living for you !.

4mbps is cracking for "in the sticks". I barely scraped 1mbps for years and that's after a few tweaks and lots of effort.

(That is before "infinity" came to our village and I now have 30mbps!!!)

Dave

Even in the outback of Derbyshire I can regularly muster 10Mb/s.

We're going to get pulled for being "off topic", but with everything correctly wired indoors and no line faults outside- it's purely down to the distance you are from your local telephone exchange.

I'm five miles from mine, (which is very far believe it or not) 80% of the population are probably within two miles of their local exchange. Even if you're in a little village miles from anywhere, you could be close to your local!

Then there's yer fibre optic stuff- different rules.

Dave

Less than half a mile from local exchange.....copper wires.......2.5 to 3.0mbs (BT LINE) according to very helpful Sky operative who refused to take my money as he could see no reason for me to change. Can actually stand ootside exchange and prove it is only part digital......can still hear the chatter of the old selectors / contactors.....nae kiddin'.....only part digitised 7 miles from Glasgow CITY CENTRE,,,,,!!!!

Big Kev

Well, since we've gone this far off topic ... :)

About 5km / 3 miles from the exchange + reasonably rubbish copper wires (mix of underground and overhead) couple with wet and windy weather = 480kbps over Christmas ... and at that speed the 'play site' doesn't really work.

And I've more chance of getting a 200 bhp D-CAT in a 4.4 than FTTC round here! :)

Less than half a mile from local exchange.....copper wires.......2.5 to 3.0mbs (BT LINE) according to very helpful Sky operative who refused to take my money as he could see no reason for me to change. Can actually stand ootside exchange and prove it is only part digital......can still hear the chatter of the old selectors / contactors.....nae kiddin'.....only part digitised 7 miles from Glasgow CITY CENTRE ,,,,,!!!!

Big Kev

As is not wellknown, I live in Uddingston. You can guess that from my title! Had to move out of Bothwell as too many drug barons (is that a car??).

Anyway, my beloved now dead father designed Uddingston Telephone exchange when he worked for Plessey in Liverpool in the early 1960s. It still stands but has been modernised in that the old Strowger system was replaced by a newer (SystemX ?) process. I await the incoming faster speed system but no holding breath. When we were with BT in my house the noo - within 600 cable yards of the exchange - we'd so many problems with the BT line. I kept with Telewest/Virgin Businesswhich seems to run well on a mixture of optical cable and co-axial. 20mb download and 1mb upload with a supposed 50mb coming next year they told me.

Mind you its not cheap as we also get 8000 television channels so I can't afford to keep enough 50p coins dropping into the meter. Not so bad as I get a feed from the neighbours exterior lights at nightime - downside is I have to walk along the front of his house every 10 minutes. Used a number of excuses, but "admiring yer nasturtiums" led to the polis getting called, along wi the psychiatrist on call.

Anyway back to topic and watched the video. It ran so fast I had trouble keeping up, even wi the specs on.... a RAV wi 5 doors and wan o them a top hinge?! Recipe fur disaster.

nother thing. why have I got 0 warning points and nobody else has that even mentioned ?? Is it to keep me from commenting on Red Auris's moderating skills???? lol

Even in the outback of Derbyshire I can regularly muster 10Mb/s.

Lucky you! Here in North Devon we get 500kbps on a good day! :disgust:

Depends where you are. North Devon is no different from anywhere else, same rules apply!

Dave

The only thing that ....." frustrates " me is the blue Toyota advertsing graphics on here,and and any other adverts that just slow my old computer down.

Hey......ho just have to live with it i guess

Sorry i went off topic Mod's.

So that play site,720 3d button.....erm,takes 10 mins to load then stops when the frogs jump out behind the rav4.,cant view anything else after that.

:(

Same thing happens with my Samsung smart tv though....thats brand new,Hmmmmmm

I've given up trying as my lappy just freezes when it gets to the 100% loaded now???

I've given up trying as my lappy just freezes when it gets to the 100% loaded now???

So frustrating isnt it.......

I wonder, Anchorman mentioned about " fun playing in the water " or something......i'm really intrigue'd.

I..............WANT.........TO..........VIEW...........IT.

Er......help :(

Oh well, here are some images captured from the 720 thing. You can spin the car around and it changes colour and scares animals etc!

Untitled1_zps47b338ba.jpg

Untitled3_zpsc833a66b.jpg

Untitled2_zps6788488a.jpg

Untitled4_zps8d1e4e89.jpg

Untitled5_zpscc2fc4d3.jpg

That was fun!

Loaded ok on my Windows 7 i3 processor desktop pc. (Virgin BB) Took just over a minute to change the RAV colour on the 3D bit.

I can see where Toyota is going with this all new RAV4, I've checked out the YouTube stuff too, but I still like the look of my 4.2 better!

I remember back in 2000 when the 4.2 was launched, I fell in love with it instantly. I could identify it as 'a RAV4'. But I'm struggling to like this new one.

How does it effect you fellas?

I've always considered the 3 door 4.2 as being the ultimate example of how a RAV should look. I also rather like the 4.1 3 door.

As for this new one, I suppose it is a fairly predictable evolution. It shadows the CRV as its main rival and it will include all the bits and bobs to bring it up to date. No doubt somebody is out wrecking some to gain NCAP 5 stars and it will meet the latest emmission standards. I have ridden in a new CRV and in petrol form it is very smooth and quiet. I expect the RAV to be similar. I don't mind the look but I can't make my mind up about the dash. It seems a bit Mini Clubman (1977 vintage) with the open glove box. The CRV is much nicer. I need to go and sit in one and touchy feel it before I can come to a conclusion.

I will get invited to the launch night at RRG when it comes.

Regards Clare

Oh! - sorry Dave

For those of you having trouble, make sure there \re no pop up blockers running and if you have compatibility view (looks like a torn page right at the top of your browser) give that a click first.

None taken mate, loads up great on my new Christmas toy (iPad) getting download

speed between 11-12 gbps according to the speed test app I have downloaded.

As for the Toyota site itself, I'm impressed, very slick.