Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Rav4 Playsite

anchorman

All cars are a compromise and none of us want exactly the same thing but I guess that the three-door best exemplifies the RAV concept - something like a 50:50 compromise between off-road and on-road behaviour and something that is FUN ... a Recreational Activity Vehicle.

That would never have worked for me. The first RAV that grabbed my attention was the T180 - I need the five-door size and carrying capacity, the off-road behaviours are still there and the '180' gives quite a lot of 'fun' when needed. For me it's still a RAV.

The first thing I notice about the 4.4 is the lack of any off-road specification - there are no approach / departure or ramp-over angles given, no wading depth, and no videos of the car 'off-road'. It isn't being sold on 'off-road' ability at all ...

I quite like the new styling and interior - by comparison mine is starting to look a little dated.

I don't like the fact that it is longer and lower - it's likely to be less useful off-road and have a wider turning circle so be less manoeuvrable in-town and more difficult to park. One of the things I really like about the 4.3 I have is how easy it is to park!

I don't see the point of replacing the very convenient side opening rear door with the over complicated powered hatchback-style tailgate. I've never had any difficulty with the side hinged door; it doesn't really need any more space to use in practice; it can't come down on top of you / you can't bang your head against it; and it can be easily operated by anyone of any height.

I do like the prospect of some of the creature comforts that I don't have today - particularly the auto-box and electrically adjustable seats with memory. (I don't particularly care about leather or even heated seats but I do want an easy way to put the drivers seat back to where I want it after someone else has driven the car!)

And I want (don't need but want) more 'power' and performance than is on offer today ... it's that 'fun' thing!

So what we have at the end of the day is another 4-wheel drive 'estate' car, built for 'everyman' and in direct competition with and indistinguishable from so many other cars in this category. It's no longer a RAV in anything but name ... which seems sad.

All that said, it still looks a nice car so I suspect that I'll take one for a drive at some point next year - it's just ... ;)

I've given up trying as my lappy just freezes when it gets to the 100% loaded now???

So frustrating isnt it.......

I wonder, Anchorman mentioned about " fun playing in the water " or something......i'm really intrigue'd.

I..............WANT.........TO..........VIEW...........IT.

Er......help :(

Well i thought i would give it another go and it was worse.

It loaded to 53% then stayed there for ages.Then reached 100%,then it started all over again but went quickly through to 99% where it stayed for ages again,then i had a Rav on screen pointing to the left and thought it had loaded then it started loading again and got stuck on 53% again,so shut it down,all in all about an hour and 10 minuted trying.

name='Paulus17' timestamp='1356781304' post='1246109']

I've given up trying as my lappy just freezes when it gets to the 100% loaded now???

So frustrating isnt it.......

I wonder, Anchorman mentioned about " fun playing in the water " or something......i'm really intrigue'd.

I..............WANT.........TO..........VIEW...........IT.

Er......help :(

Well i thought i would give it another go and it was worse.

It loaded to 53% then stayed there for ages.Then reached 100%,then it started all over again but went quickly through to 99% where it stayed for ages again,then i had a Rav on screen pointing to the left and thought it had loaded then it started loading again and got stuck on 53% again,so shut it down,all in all about an hour and 10 minuted trying.

Yes.....i've given up

Thanks Anchorman for the pic's though.And as other here have said,it like a 4wd car now, to me its Recreational Activity Vehicle status has gone.

Its now a car with 4wd on demand,for when and if the 4wd needs to be used.....which for most will probably be never....its dash is bland to me.

For me......the new Rav4 has lost my interest.....sorry Toyota.

My 4.2 will always be my favorite,chunky wheel arch looks,spare wheel,permanent 4wd,good approach / departure angles.

Finally managed to load it but on my even older desktop puter running XP???

Went through all the colours and we,well Mrs P still likes the black but also both the white colours,as i do but i also like the red,blue and the bronze,both greys also look nice.Not sure on the green??

We also agreed on the darker interior colour,the black and dark grey.

Is that all you can do on there is rotate the car round??

Not tried. As you spin the car, all the various objects like water droplets, animals and leaves the that are being thrown up pass at different rates so it has an unusual effect. I would have thought it cost quite a lot to do it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links