Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

One To Get The Grey Matter Working Again ...

Hoovie

Looking at a quiz on bbb.co.uk with questions on census and one made me wonder ...

Apparently the most densely populated area of england is Islington , with over 13,000 people per Square Km.

Now if there are 1,000 square metres in a square Km (I think that is right), if you were to draw a grid, you would have the equivalent of 1,000 boxes, each of 1 Metre x 1 Metre?

And this means that in Islington, there would be more then 13 people standing in each 1M x 1M space!

My maths must be wrong here, as when you factor in unusable space in an area (walls, water, trees!, etc) it shoots up - do they take it in turns to leave their 100 storey town houses where they must live on top of each other?

The census results made scary reading, I've just seen the Next Sale on Sky News, that was more densely populated than Islington ! We're fortunate in been outnumbered by Sheep and Cattle and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Your calculation is wrong ... :)

A "square km" is an area 1km by 1km = 1,000,000 sq metres or 1 million square metres. So each resident of Islington has a little under 77 sq meters to play in.

[Assuming that I've got my sums right, that is! ;)]

Philip, can I give you a shout next time they estimate my electricity bill ?

A "square km" is an area 1km by 1km = 1,000,000 sq metres or 1 million square metres. So each resident of Islington has a little under 77 sq meters to play in.

....witheld.....

Just to add that I was going into work this morning (other job) Arrived at 7am and our car park was Rammed with Next shoppers!!!!

Regards Clare

I always have this confusion over square meters and meters squared (not sure what is what!)

77sq meters each seems a little more reasonable.

Of course, this is the England and Wales Census.... Check out the Scotland one and it makes Eden (least populated place in England) seem like a Metropolis in comparison :)

I only did the boxing day morning next sale once.

It now sits neatly between dinner with Michael Gove and having my !Removed! removed without anaesthetic in my list of worst things I could possibly do.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links