Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav 4.2 Alarm

Big Kev

Went off last night.....probably an English insect from when I picked it up a couple of years ago.

Wee question......the red Alarm Light now on constantly on centre console.....I am nearly convinced it FLASHED before......? Could a fellow 4.2 owner check theirs and confirm please?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for another great year of help,

Big Kev.

Kev,

I assume you are wating 30 seconds after arming/locking? The led will be steady for 30 seconds before starting to flash on a 4.2, if I remember correctly.

Mine only stays solid for a second or so.

Replies on a postcard, Paul.....? Sorted.....opened with fob, opened driver door, closed door and reset alarm. Solid light for 10seconds and reverted to flashing....thanks all.....solid light may be just a notification for when one returns to car that there as been an alarm "incident".......?

I have an alarm related question on the 4.2 as well.

Normally when disarming it flashes the indicators twice, recently mine has being doing FOUR flashes on odd occasions.

There is never a valid reason for the alarm to have been triggered as far as I can tell.

The handbook does not help either.

Phil

Sticking plaster over the offending light, or bore it out with a 2mm drill?

Went off last night.....probably an English insect from when I picked it up a couple of years ago.

Big Kev.

Huummph, I know of no such English insect that would last that long, has to be a Scottish midge and still biting :)

Gus

Normally when disarming it flashes the indicators twice, recently mine has being doing FOUR flashes on odd occasions.

Phil

Maybe there is some contact bounce on the button and it thinks you have pressed it twice? Do the motors fire twice have you noticed? Other than that , no idea!

I wondered if that was happening as well.

But I have tried to make it do it by deliberately pressing twice but it just works normally.