Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water In Rear Passenger Footwell But Boot Dry

jimmy noname

had a look and wasn't sure so thought i'd post. got a avensis 1.8 on 2002 plate. only had it a few weeks and its a nice car but to my horror i went to the car today and the rear passenger footwell had about 1 inch of water in it. it was dry at the weekend but weve had loads of rain since then. had a look in the boot and theres nothing there no dampness to be seen. theres no sunroof. any ideas please. thanks

has anyone got any ideas getting desperate. no signs of damage to roof or anywhere else.

Poorly fitting or damaged door seal? Are the drain holes in the door clear?

plastic membrane between door and door card is either split or incorrectly fitted

seems to be around the padding on the seat , near the door and coming in from the bulkhead at the rear of drivers seat. drain plugs in the door not blocked and seals seem fine.

toyota-avensis-hatchback-1-8-vvti-gs-5dr-56712929-640x480.jpg

it seems wet around that bit of padding near the door so i presume its starting above that point i think.

toyota-avensis-hatchback-1-8-vvti-gs-5dr-56712929-640x4802_zps04a02e50.jpg

Have a look at the seals to the rear side windows, especially the seal around the fixed glass.

Does the rear window wind all the way up?

• 2 months later...

not found a cause as such but i did notice that when we had sub zero temprature last week, the rear passenger door wouldn't open fully, from that i can only gather that there was ice in the door so that may well be the problem.

Have you got roof rails on your Avensis?