Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Wondered

westferrychip

I'm new to Toyota. I have had my prius T spirit a month or so. While I was driving the other day I just wondered what happens if you were to accidently push the selector into reverse whilst driving forwards (I know it would be a stupid thing to do but it could happen !!). Is there some sort of reverse inhibit unless the car is stationary? Does anyone know.

I don't want to try this in case there isn't an inhibit !!

Westferrychip

The will beep at you and probably go into neutral.

The foot brake MUST be pressed to engage any drive direction.

You can select B without using the foot brake or neutral.

HTH

No need to worry too much about the Hybrid system it seems to be pretty well protected from an owners point of view/operation, although I don't suppose they can design a system to protect against the really determined idiot?

although I don't suppose they can design a system to protect against the really determined idiot?

Hey! What about this one, I wasn't trying to beat the system, but the wife and I evacuated the Auris HSD rapidly after a shopping trip having espied a neighbour to whom I owed a tenner approaching towards us purposefully, obviously on a mission !!.

Having extracted the lighter shopping bags from the back, wife strides off carrying a minimal load and leaves me to complete the heavy goods logistics and secure the vehicle.

Me feverishly trying to manipulate the transponder to lock the dammed car with multiple Tesco bags festooned around my person I fail miserably.

Beloved Auris responds by emitting howls, flashes, and bleeps that seem to be in favour of my creditor, and refuses to lock down. [Golly is it programmed to highlight minor felonies?]

Creditor catches up and we discuss the debt and the Auris's truculent behaviour, creditor notices wife’s handbag is still in the car,

[YES you've guessed it, she has a transponder in her bag as well !!!!]

But there was a happy ending, having extracted the wife's handbag I also extracted a tenner to settle the debt matter, and secured the car.

Happy new year to All

The will beep at you and probably go into neutral.

The foot brake MUST be pressed to engage any drive direction.

You can select B without using the foot brake or neutral.

HTH

As Sooty says, it just beeps and goes into neutral (yes, I've tried it!)..... the wonders of "fly by wire" - you are always at the mercy of the ship's (sorry, Car's) computers. (Though, must admit, I didn't try selecting reverse whilst also pressing the brake)

Thanks Dave R

Your a brave man trying it, but I'm glad you did, it has answered my question.

Thanks again

Westferrychip (Roy)

although I don't suppose they can design a system to protect against the really determined idiot?

Hey! What about this one, I wasn't trying to beat the system, but the wife and I evacuated the Auris HSD rapidly after a shopping trip having espied a neighbour to whom I owed a tenner approaching towards us purposefully, obviously on a mission !!.

Having extracted the lighter shopping bags from the back, wife strides off carrying a minimal load and leaves me to complete the heavy goods logistics and secure the vehicle.

Me feverishly trying to manipulate the transponder to lock the dammed car with multiple Tesco bags festooned around my person I fail miserably.

Beloved Auris responds by emitting howls, flashes, and bleeps that seem to be in favour of my creditor, and refuses to lock down. [Golly is it programmed to highlight minor felonies?]

Creditor catches up and we discuss the debt and the Auris's truculent behaviour, creditor notices wife’s handbag is still in the car,

[YES you've guessed it, she has a transponder in her bag as well !!!!]

But there was a happy ending, having extracted the wife's handbag I also extracted a tenner to settle the debt matter, and secured the car.

Happy new year to All

What a great posting,realy enjoyed reading it.

We should have a whip round to replace your tenner, Terry..

Nice to see there is someone older than myself on here..

Should you reply to this posting feel free to address me as Sonny.

Happy new year to you too.

When I wrote really determined, I was thinking Darwin Award levels of stupidity, I don't think anything posted here qualifies.

The women pouring petrol from one container to another in her kitchen next to a naked flame from a hob probably does although I think she survived?

When I wrote really determined, I was thinking Darwin Award levels of stupidity, I don't think anything posted here qualifies.

The women pouring petrol from one container to another in her kitchen next to a naked flame from a hob probably does although I think she survived?

The goverment was blamed for her actions.they caused panic buying/hoarding.

whats this world coming too.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links