Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parking Sensor Issue

Ben Williams

Just a small issue. On our 2006 Aygo Sport, the rear parking sensors have started playing up when put into reverse.

The issue is, they just beep. It's not a continuous beep, but only has a temp break, so like an error alarm or an alarm in general if that's easier to imagine?

I've checked the wiring, cleaned the sensors but no change.

Anyone know where the issue may be?

Might be due to the exhaust fumes that condens with the colder weather.

I had this on mine, which was my reason to remove them...

Is yours an aftermarket sensor or the factory mounted? The factory mounted are rather low in position and slight change of angle will cause them to misbehave. Could you angle the noisy sensor slightly upward and see what happens?

Sorry for the late reply.

They are the standard fit sensors :)

I did get round to pulling the boot carpet out to get to the module, and found it was soaking wet?! Checked all around the boot, no water anywhere and no wet carpets however around the mini speaker for them and the module itself, it was quite damp!

I think it's the rear light seal that's causing it so when it drys up a bit, I plan to strip them both out, seal around them and fit them again. The module for the sensors on the other hand wont be going back in just yet! It's so nice not having the annoying beep when reversing!

• 3 years later...
On 1/5/2013 at 10:43 PM, Ben Williams said:

I did get round to pulling the boot carpet out to get to the module, and found it was soaking wet?! Checked all around the boot, no water anywhere and no wet carpets however around the mini speaker for them and the module itself, it was quite damp!

I think it's the rear light seal that's causing it so when it drys up a bit, I plan to strip them both out, seal around them and fit them again. The module for the sensors on the other hand wont be going back in just yet! It's so nice not having the annoying beep when reversing!

Hi Ben 

I noticed your post on your parking sensors, My sensor box got wet due to leaks in my boot...The leaks were fixed under warranty but they wouldnt fix my sesnors, the sensor box was found under water when my local garage looked at it....Did yours dry out ok?  and did they work again? I have an Aygo 2012.

Thank you 

Sorry duplicate post :(

My wife's 2006 car has exactly the same problem with the beep beep noise and not sensing movement. Can you clarify exactly where the module is so I can disconnect the mini speaker please :)