Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T180 On Ebay

CharlieFarlie

Someone changed the door? It does look well kept. Just a shame the spare is an odd one.

Look again David.. The paint on the new/swapped boot lid looks a little pale ?? One thing I never did to my car was that conversion !! Still a great idea ....

BTW,,,, Dealer has informed me the first of the new models arrive in dealership mid February though apparently not due to be launched early March....

Like the way the seller says it has 'Spare wheel option' . If only............................

Wonder if it was a straight swop of rear door or opportunist change as result of a shunt?

BTW,,,, Dealer has informed me the first of the new models arrive in dealership mid February though apparently not due to be launched early March....

Going a bit OT here (I was going to start a thread about this) but the current What Car rag is talking about June/summer for the 4.4 So that's not correct then?

Going a bit OT here (I was going to start a thread about this) but the current What Car rag is talking about June/summer for the 4.4 So that's not correct then?

The Toyota Blog says:

Prices and specifications have been announced for the all-new Toyota RAV4, ahead of its UK launch on 1 March 2013. Order books open today (4 December) ...

Well I think we have to take everything with a pinch of salt but the call I got was to update me on the arrival of the new model..

Good point David ! If a car was to be shunted it would be the ideal opportunity to do the conversion.. When I was keen to do it the cost using used parts and a Nephew who works at a very well reputed body repair centre to paint it circa £1100.. Bout the same as an exhaust then :boxed: :boxed:

The Toyota Blog says:

Prices and specifications have been announced for the all-new Toyota RAV4, ahead of its UK launch on 1 March 2013. Order books open today (4 December) ...

That pretty much ties in with what I was told today then.......

The ad also says:

FULL SERVICE HISTORY, TOTAL 5 STAMPS. LAST SERVICE AT 87K ...

Now with a 10k service interval, by 88k miles I'd be expecting 8 stamps in a FSH so something else doesn't look quite right to me

Philip I was more pointing out the modification to the boot lid rather than showing an interest in the car.. But well spotted !!

For this mod, you need a different rear door AND ALSO a different rear bumper (if you want it to look right), so IMO, I would suspect the opportunist conversion after a rear end shunt as the chance of someone spending all that money on door and bumper only to get a spare and then NOT to get a matching wheel is pretty slight, I reckon.

Still goes to show again there is absolutely no reason why this could not be an option on the RAV4 !!