Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecu

denilew

Has anyone one had a problem with the ECU on the power steering?

My Auris has only less than 19000 on the clock and it has to have a new ECU,also it had to have a new Actuator at 14000 as well. I have had it new since 2007 and have had problems since the begining. Really fed up with this car.

i had the powersteering pack up toyota said i needed a new ECU but being a aircraft mechanic by trade i thought id have a go at fixing it i basicly took the dials out which is 2 screws and then disconnected the ecu reconnected it and the error went away and hasnt come back and that was 5000 miles ago

• 2 weeks later...

Im having a similar problem with powersteering, was it difficult to removed/replace the ECU?

Is their a second ECU for power steering, or just one? Where exactly is the ECU?

there is just one ECU for the power steering it lives under the dash board behind the clocks just pull the surround that is around the dials it just push fits the remove the 4 screws holding the dials in and remove then (no need to disconnect just put them on top of the dash ) then the box u can see in the hole is the powersteering ECU just disconnect all the connectors wait 5 or 10 mins then put them all back and bingo should work one of the connectors is a c*** so just perciver with a small flat blade screwdriver to remove the clip that holds the connector in

Im having a similar problem with powersteering, was it difficult to removed/replace the ECU?

Is their a second ECU for power steering, or just one? Where exactly is the ECU?

I have now had the car repaired at a cost of £470 and that is with a £100 discount from the Toyota dealer, Toyota itself wasn't interested in giving a discount even though they know of all the problems I have had since new , so not a happy bunny :(

Mine is a 2007 aswel, a bad year for ECU's obviously...

It their many connections to the ECU, I wll have a go later today at it.

I suppose the safest thing is to disconnect the Battery first, did you do that Adam?

I see some guys on here have tried to reset the ECU, by removing the Battery for 10 - 15 mins.

Would that have the same effect of removing the ECU for 10 - 15 mins.

i didnt disconnect is but it probs is a good idea though and i did try disconnecting it for 10 mins but didnt do owt so i tryed the above method and that worked for me]