Do Not Sell My Personal Information

In Praise Of My Rav4

Aqualung666

Having stayed with relatives in Coventry over xmas, we had to journey back on Boxing day - late afternoon. It's a straight forward journey M69 - M1 -M62, usually a bit boring as there isnt much to see. I've done the journey many many times over the years in all kinds of weather, but Boxing Day was pretty bad with torential rain all the way as well as being dark and seeming to catch all the Boxing Day sales traffic around every City we passed - particuarly Sheffield.

Normally I have done this journey in my old Ford Focus, which was great on Motorways etc but it was my first time for the Rav4. I have to admit I've never felt safer on a motorway in those types of conditions. The surface water was bad in places and there were some real crazy drivers flitting about. In the Rav I felt much more in control as I had a better view than in the old Focus and it coped admirably with the pools of water, even hitting them at 70 -80 MPH. The fast speed on the wipers had usually made me laugh and I thought they would never be needed to go that speed - they did on that journey and kept visibility to a maximum.

I can;t say it was a pleasant journey, but I felt a hell of a lot better being in the Rav than I would have in the Focus or any car for that matter!

Thats great to know AL. :thumbsup:

I've never driven the Rav but i think the safety feeling is why Mrs P has taken to the Rav so well,and will be a fan for life i think.

On saying that with me been a passenger i do feel safe in it also,and the ride feels very comfy compared to the cars we've had in the past.

Thats great to know AL. :thumbsup:

I've never driven the Rav but i think the safety feeling is why Mrs P has taken to the Rav so well,and will be a fan for life i think.

On saying that with me been a passenger i do feel safe in it also,and the ride feels very comfy compared to the cars we've had in the past.

We've added our daughter, who is a practice nurse, to my wife's 5-dr 4.2's insurance so that she can use it to travel once a month to Warwick for a med course. She has a 10-reg Aygo but we feel that she is much safer at this time of year in the RAV due to its size, solidity and 4x4 security.