Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Winter Tyres... Who Needs 'em

webleymk3

We had 12C in Edinburgh yesterday. Poor Winter tyres didn't know what to think of it! Was warmer than our average summer's day this year....

Where's the snow???

My winter tyres are doing a sterling job in the monsoon conditions down this way. Not quite why I got them but glad I have just the same :thumbsup:

That is absolutely true here too TBH. The tyres plough through water like... like... like a something that ploughs well through water!!!

It's supposed to be getting even warmer next week as well???

This will be our second winter with the Rav and have only had one day of snow since we've had it,unlike the winter before when it seemed to snow every day and struggled in the Meriva we had then.

Pah! You don't need winter tyres to have fun in the rain! :D

These CPC5's are great fun in the wet too - Even ploughing through rain-filled artic-ruts on the motorway, no hint of aquaplaning or anything! But smegging hell it's so noisy in a Yaris, between the water sound and the rain hitting the windscreen at 60+mph :lol:

This lack of snow is annoying! Got a set of refurbished Ford Focus alloys with Winter Tyres to sell, and was needing a cold snap to get the interest up :(

Oh well, still some more left of the Winter to come I am sure :)

Got to agree with the comments about sure-footed in the Monsoon rain we are having.I still think we will get a douching of the white stuff before too long.

Optomistic Clare

That is absolutely true here too TBH. The tyres plough through water like... like... like a something that ploughs well through water!!!

Cannot believe you are talking aboot things that "plough through watter" Webzmin.......tempt ye not fate.....you killed Kev, remember....?

Urra Kev.

Cannot believe you are talking aboot things that "plough through watter" Webzmin.......tempt ye not fate.....you killed Kev, remember....?

Urra Kev.

That's true Kevmin. I was almost in tears writing it... it's a painful memory....

Although KevRav was resuscitated... apparently he's going strong and is very happy.

He is feared of water now mind you!

Aye - all the rain is keeping number 1 in hibernation! I'm trying to get a new set of Dare Diesels so I can change from the slicks! Not available so will probably go with Ultralite wheels. Becoming necessary as number 2 is needing a bit of work done on it - or I can get one of the Iveco tippers to go the shopping!

or I can get one of the Iveco tippers to go the shopping!

Now that would be a 'Supermarket Sweep'!