Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Sr180 Keyless Entry - Fob Battery Change

Seddon

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum, hopefully you can help me with this one. I have an Auris SR180 the batteries need changing in both key fobs, once I have changed these batteries, how do I reprogram the keys again? I would hate to change the batteries and keys stop

Working :s?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

Should not think there will be any need to reprogram your fob after changing the Battery.

Have you checked in your handbook.

Is the car smart start/entry.

Hey

Thanks for your rapid response,

I have checked the handbook but couldn't spot any info in it. The car is smart start/entry I just didn't want to change it then come across problems but if it doesn't require reprogramming then all is good, just wanted to ask the guys who have done this already :)

Thanks

i have changed mine and i just took batt out of the keys just incase but i had no problems took the batts out new ones in and they worked like usual

Look at pages 294 to 296 in your handbook. Thats where the instructions are in my handbook (2007)

Thanks very much, good to hear someone has tried it without problems :) (Adam Atchinson) much appreciated.

Thanks acetic I've just looked in the handbook and found the instructions in those pages. I must have missed them. Thanks for the advice and support

Cheers

Seddon

• 9 years later...

I'm new to this forum but am in need of some help.

My car is a Toyota Auris Hybrid Excel 2014.  I have had to replace the Battery on the main keyless entry and push start fob once.  Actually, Timsons did it after the car warning system told me the Battery was low.  The key worked well after with no problems at all.  So, all seems straight forward.

I therefore tried the spare key as it had never been used.  Changing the Battery was simple enough.  I can gain access to the car by grasping the door handle, start the engine on the push button and lock the doors by touching the sensor aree.  However, the buttons on the fob do not work. The small red light flashes once but the door locks do not respond.  Does the key fob need re-programming?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links