Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drivers Side Door Mirror Indicator

Skunk1150

Hi guys

I have just come back from a trip to Somerset. The little iq was great and did approx 300 miles on one take of juice.

Only one problem a stone hit my indicator lens on my drivers side wing mirror and now it has a fair sized crack. :-(

Does anybody know if its possible to just replace the indicator and or lens rather than the whole unit?

Any help would be much appreciated.

There was a similar enquiry recently on the Auris Club - 'replacing indicator on door mirror' (29.10.12). I presume that like the Auris, the lamp can be bought seperately. Try sending Kingo a private message with the enquiry.

Hi

If you do find it as a seperate item. For you to change it,you first have to remove the glass by using the motor and tilting the glass forward to you at the bottom. Then prising it off its two clips and un- hooking it at the top. There are two heater wires to pull off. Then looking past the motor there a number of tabs holding the mirror cover on which have to be un- clipped ( not easy). THen its a matter of removing the lens by un-clipping the cable (pink+white) and screws. There is a foam stick on band around the lens to keep the water out Be sure to get one with the new lens or it may come with one

David

• Like 1

Many thanks for the advice guys. Much appreciated.

Kind regards

Chris

• 1 year later...

Hi

If you do find it as a seperate item. For you to change it,you first have to remove the glass by using the motor and tilting the glass forward to you at the bottom. Then prising it off its two clips and un- hooking it at the top. There are two heater wires to pull off. Then looking past the motor there a number of tabs holding the mirror cover on which have to be un- clipped ( not easy). THen its a matter of removing the lens by un-clipping the cable (pink+white) and screws. There is a foam stick on band around the lens to keep the water out Be sure to get one with the new lens or it may come with one

David

Hi David.

Latest news on Toyota IQ and new catalytic converter. Took the car away from Toyota thus saving myself their £2444 bill. Car running fine. Took it for MOT and it passed! Very puzzling.

As above - can anyone tell me where to get a passenger side repeater unit for the IQ 2009 pls?

• Like 1

See post 2 of this topic - for Kingo read Parts King.

From memory. The mirror and indicators come complete. The indicator unit is only replaced by cutting the wires in the mirror Shell and re- soldering the new one onto the existing wiring loom. A pair of indicators are sold on eBay that come with extra lights such as extra side lights you can add to your existing side lights. Gives a wider car look at night. And down lights ( puddle lights). The extra lights would mean bringing more cables through the door into the car. I have fitted these to my iQ and they look great

David

• 5 months later...

I sadly can't afford the groovy mirror lights that you have David but I would like to have welcome lights

I think I have came up with a solution though

2008-Toyota-iQ-Side-View-Mirror-1280x960

Do you think an eagle eye would work on the underside of the mirror so it would look something like this:

20140120_234704_zps7f5bc60f+(1).jpg

Just a thought as I do not want the DRL's on the mirrors and these would be a really cheap alternative that would do the job just fine ?

Or you could do as i have done with less effort and put puddlelights under the bottom of the doors that come on and light the floor when the doors are opened. You can also buy the Toyota light that illuminates the Toyota logo on the floor like Batmans searchlight

David

I have them as I bought them for my Toyota Sera but never fitted them (as the doors open upwards they wouldn't shine onto the ground)

Now that I have grown up a little I think they look a little cheesy !!

All I was asking before is if you think there is enough space behind the mirror to get the extra wiring in ?

Thanks

Adam

Hi Adam

The extra wiring has to go down the mororized spindle which is very tight. The new set had an extra 2 for the downlighters and another 2 for the optional side lights which i have wired to my side lights. The puddle lights come on when i approach the car with the rear and dome light

David

Does this mean that the welcome lights are controlled by the dome light. For example, if you switch the dome light on then the welcome lights will also come on

Like maybe if you are driving an if a passenger wants to read a book and enables the dome light ?

I have them as I bought them for my Toyota Sera but never fitted them (as the doors open upwards they wouldn't shine onto the ground)

Now that I have grown up a little I think they look a little cheesy !!

All I was asking before is if you think there is enough space behind the mirror to get the extra wiring in ?

Thanks

Adam

Don't EVER grow up, grow old but not up :)

WP_000677_zps2bf66cff.jpg

WP_000556_zps434a2658.jpg

Adam

You can control any recreational lights you like from the dome. First you can control footwell lights from the wiring take off points used for the illuminated scuff panels individually each side. Or you can control them from the welcome option on the dome or the manual switched position on the dome.

David

• 1 year later...
On 7 April 2015 at 9:15 AM, tarquin said:

Adam

You can control any recreational lights you like from the dome. First you can control footwell lights from the wiring take off points used for the illuminated scuff panels individually each side. Or you can control them from the welcome option on the dome or the manual switched position on the dome.

David

Hi Tarquin, had a crack on N/S indicator so bought a replacement on eBay although it seems to have a different plug to the original - is it best to solder them? - if so which are the  positive and negative wires of the pink and white?

Many thanks,

Josh 

14063886_10153618382036148_7140865605361305522_n.jpg