Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My 66' Toyota Crown!

toyotacrowncentral

Sorry if this is in the wrong section... had a tough time deciding where it goes - had no sub forum for my model car and looked like all other forums where just on techincal info...

But anywho!! I present to you my car!

I got into the whole nostalgic car scene with the influence of a friend of mine and ever since i saw classic cars in his perspective.. i was h00ked!

The story began one day while i was at school lurking an Australian car forum and came across a thread where a forum member had posted something about an 80 year old man wanting to sell his crown.

So i was thinking ... hm mm ... one owner? JDM? 40 series crown? Manual?

tick

tick

tick

TICK!

As the front of my shorts began to lift at an alarming rate i quickly got my phone and texted this forum member(i believe silvera23 on here?) straight away

Got the contact details of this old mans number and called him straight away!

A short, struggling conversation with the old man, i organized too meet him the same day... i cut school early and made my way too his

Allan was his name, we started having a chat and got on really well, he started explaining the cars history too me and told me that he wish he could have kept the car but it was getting too uncomfortable for him too drive and any unexpected moves to a retirements homes means that he wont be able to park his crown in his 1 space garage(He also owns a Getz)

(BELOW: I took a sneaky pic of it when i got there; Sorry your going to have to do a neck breaker for this one)

photokg.png

He explained too me that he bought the car brand new in 1968 for roughly $3,000

(BELOW: Pics he took in 68' - after installing a vinyl top)

img1806qu.jpg

(BELOW: ***** shot - unfortunantly the rear plating had gotten damaged some years ago so he took it off ;()

img1805xr.jpg

The car had been only driven on long trips and has 90,000 miles on the clock, he had a major service done 2 years ago but didn't make much use of it because unfortunately he suffered a stroke - so he stored it in his garage.

(BELOW: The lil thing comin out of the garage after 2 years in solitary confinement)

img1801md.jpg

(BELOW: Other Angle of the escaped prisoner)

img1802t.jpg

(BELOW: little visor he installed - he also has side skirts for the rear that he also gave me)

img1811z.jpg

Look at how good the vinyl roof and paint turned up after all these years!!!

If you noticed he also had some head rests installed on the bench seats, there's a few wear and tear elements too the car but overall its clean! no rust!

(BELOW: inside)

img1867mw.jpg

(BELOW: inside - you can see little wear and tear in the seats here)

img1868lz.jpg

(BELOW: he sure loved his accessories - i do have the ash tray to fit into that missing puzzle)

img1863u.jpg

Me and Allan have remained in contact and are friends... i am very privileged and honored that he would choose me for his prized possession

Hopefully i can keep it alive for another 40 years too come!

My plans for the car:

Lower (Not fussed at the moment will do some time down the road)

Install a sound system

General tidy up of engine bay, interior, exterior etc...

Paint is already s e x, a good polish is all that needs to be done

Possibly a new set of wider wheels that fill out the guards down the track

The car currently has the original M motor, Straight 6 2L and i am planning to keep it the same till it dies and then will think about some more exotic options

Car is currently registered and road worthy and i still kept the original plates!

I am happy with the car as is and my main concern is just going to be too keep it running nicely and looking tip t o p!

Here are some random photos!

(BELOW: Slowly taking the dash apart.. trying to figure out where i can sneakily mount a head unit in)

img1880i.jpg

(BELOW: The Luxor Light tail lights)

img1887e.jpg

(BELOW: Model shots)

img1884ad.jpg

Updates for the car:

I'm currently sourcing out a head unit and some rear Speakers to wire up to the car and planning to do a carby rebuild some time soon after replacing the fuel filter

Sound system done!

Simple head unit and 2 6" rear woofer Speakers setup

(BELOW: Old school Speakers, rear seats out getting ready for a new heart transplant)

img1898al.jpg

(BELOW: New Speakers, had to cut holes in the shelf and pull the speaker wires through the board and then $$)

img1916p.jpg

(BELOW: Aluminum strapped the head unit to the shelf and bolted it all tight, ran the speaker wires under the carpet and getting ready to put the car back a nice viewing experience)

img1917jk.jpg

(BELOW: Done!! Put the classic cardio back in and all is looking good and sounding even better considering only 2 speakers)

img1920d.jpg

Wired the accessories wire to the factory radio control knob, pretty cool!!

Manged to finish it on my birthday

Will post engine bay shots soon when clean it up a bit, watch this space

updates

(BELOW: Dash is put together all that needs to be done is contact glue the deluxe sign in, and control the epic super saiyan battle going on)

img1989gt.jpg

(BELOW: before and after comparison using shoe polish on the vinyl roof)

img1986vut.jpg

(BELOW: Engine bay)

img1984v.jpg

(BELOW: detailing the interior, tip top door trim)

img1990g.jpg

Spent a few hours punching on with the road grime on the front end, rear still left too do

Usually when i clean the interior of vinyl i use a degreaser and a rag and go to town on it

But i thought i'd try something new and it was a hand held steamer that i had laying around and it really made it super easy too clean and results were $$

img2015u.jpg

All i really had to do was push a button swivel the brush around for a little, then just wipe with a rag and came up good as new, feels reeeeeeeeeeeeal nice too

Example of a before shot

img2011ja.jpg

Then heres a close up of how it comes out

img2012vm.jpg

img2017ed.jpg

img2016dw.jpg

Minimal effort & bos results

img2007xr.jpg

STAY TUNED

Some updates;

one of my friends called hezath on this forum lowered the front of the crown for me!!

Calvin kline model shots of the celebrity

img2051g.jpg

img2052oc.jpg

Weather was nice so i decided too restore the vinyl roof top with some shoe polish

img2058hh.jpg

Then some Georgie Armani photoshots and some pics of how it sits now

img2056zg.jpg

img2064t.jpg

Going too go more lower soon and thinking of getting a set of 15x8 widened steelies made up for the crown but will sit on that for a while, still trying too source out some 40 series fender mirrors so if anyone knows where i can get my hands on some i would be forever thankfuil

img2094xi.jpg

wooo replaced the filter and had a little fiddle with the carb tunning and car is running good

also moar low

img2095a.jpg

need a new jack, 20$ autobahn jack wont cut it anymore ;(

img2101i.jpg

kissing the bump stop, going too trim off a little once i get a new jack

img2097jd.jpg

I'm in the market for a set of 15x8 0 offset wide black steelies if anyone can help me out source some out in Australia (I'm aware the states has some but shipping charges is to cry over)

Still looking for 40 series fender mirrors

Sorry, been a while since i posted!

Been really busy launching my site etc...

Heres a copy paste from a thread at tcc forum's

Basically traded a vacum guage, and some toyota driving lights for a set of ford 16x8 0 offset steel wheels

example of the condition before

img2674p.jpg

Sanding down

img2679c.jpg

Remembered that my mum works in developing powder coating for dulux so she surely should have some connections to sandblasting guys and powdercoaters!!

Sandblasting and powdercoating tommorow :D :D

Wow got ****** around today... the guy told me $250 for ALL 4 wheels on the phone and then told me it's $200 a wheel ... (powdercoated/sandblsating)

Anyway i ended up just getting them sand blasted off a guy that does it, he did it for $30 a wheel

img2686e.jpg

Finished result:

A nice picture of them riding shotgun in the crown

img2697j.jpg

Money spent reviving these bad boys

Sand blasting $120 @ $30 per wheel

Powdercoating $200 @ $50 per wheel (satin black)

= $320

Now for tyres!

Stickeeeeeeeers

Some JNC love

img2698lw.jpg

TCC stickers!

img2468d.jpg

Oh yeah, i took off the orange vinyl form the sides and the red off the back

img2406i.jpg

Going for a grey/black dark theme now

Awesome!

This would simply not exist in the UK, most 80s Toyotas have rust these days...

I love how original the bodywork is.

If you ever need a new engine, definitely consider a 1UZ :D

Are you on Toymods? I think I recognise your username from there...

Thanks Karma!

Nop i'm not actually! I think i tried making an account but didn't want to give out my personal details