Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hand Brake Switch

zetor

Does anyone know the locatiuon of the hand brake switch and wire colours on the Auris? I can see a module of some sort behind the handbrake but I don't think this is it, when I unplugged the connector it made no difference to the hand brake light in the instrument panel, the wire on this were green and red, I cannot see if there is a switch infront of the handbrake without taking the whole panel off.

I am sorry that I can’t help you with the location of the handbrake switch, but will just point out that the light doubles up as a brake fluid level warning as well.

Maybe if the light is on all the time (guessing that’s why you want to find the switch) you need to check the fluid and the level sensor first?

I am fitting a head unit and I have to connect a light green wire to the power side of the hand brake switch, this is so video can only be played whislt the car is stopped and hand brake on.

• 3 years later...

Did anyone get back to you on this Zetor? I'm currently in the exact same situation with Pioneer headunit. I can start pulling stuff apart but would be greatfull if someone who has already done this could take a photo of exactly what I should be looking for!

On 02/01/2013 at 7:16 AM, zetor said:

I am fitting a head unit and I have to connect a light green wire to the power side of the hand brake switch, this is so video can only be played whislt the car is stopped and hand brake on.

On 02/01/2013 at 7:16 AM, zetor said:

Or you could just hook the light green wire up to +12V or ground, depending on what the head unit wants.

I had no luck working out where to connect the green wire so didn't bother with the video function, sorry can't be of any help.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links