Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 2.0 Sr Diesel Consumption Shock!

Auris Girl 08

I have been getting an average of about 37,not great but a lot better than the 07 suzuki gv ddis i had before.

but I have a 1.9 tdi caddy which i use for a round trip of about 80 mls per day to work and back,mostly motorway

the best i get from that is about 42 and about half the performance.

My brother in law has just got a peugeot 3008 with stop start,it's a 1.6 hdi i think and it only averages 38 which

made me smile

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• P34RC3

• Auris Girl 08

• Daveyonthemove

• Uncle Buck

Dear All,

Thank you so much for your posts, they have all been very useful. I have been experimenting with different driving styles and if i drive like a granny, i have been able to get 54 MPG on the motorway and about 41MPG local. I normally use ESSO and occasionally Shell. I find that if i put my foot down on the motorway, then it does consume a huge amount of diesel, which is sad as this is the way i am used to driving on the motorway, as motorway driving is so boring zzzzzzzz.

Also i think that the instant and average MPG monitors on the dash are not accurate and should not be relied upon 100%, and also the number of miles you can expect to get out of the amount diesel left in the car. I filled up my tank and it told me i can expect to get about 369 miles, and when the gage had gone down to 2 markers (not sure if that is supposed to be a quarter tank, coz when fuel shows "low fuel" both markers dissapear together.), my trip was showing my i had done 415 miles, and probably more if id carried on driving the car to empty.

Take care people and happy driving your Auris'

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links