Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheels clean and brake pads/discs....

man-bing

Hi all

I have a Corolla T-Spirit Sep '02

I haven't done too many miles so far (about 8500...last check...) but i'm getting alot of brake dust on my alloys.

Now, people like to keep there new cars clean, as much as possible, so do i, but each time, i spend as much time cleaning my alloys as i do with the rest of my car.

Alot of people, have said i should change brake pads, even the discs as well, just to make sure.

They all advised me to change to EBC Green Pads???? which after a little surfing the web, found out what they are.

Now, when i visit my local dealer about this, he first said not probs, will just check to make sure. After looking, it turns out that the car is so new, they don't make them just yet...BUMMER!!!! :(

I'm sure a few other owners must have the same prob as me, so how do you tackle this problem...

Let me know...

Thanks

Bing

• 1 month later...

Hello mate,

You can buy from demon tweeks brake dust sheilds which go between the alloys and the hubs, they prevent dust from covering your wheels, although they hide your brake disks and calipers which look unsightly if you've got big 5 spokes, but keeps your alloys from getting baked on dust. You could also try kevlar pads, dont think they produce as much dust - not sure though, try Fensport in Cambs.

Hi Man-bing,

I would suggest appling plenty of polish to your alloys until your pads or discs are ready for a change... try for example this stuff: Alloy Wheel Wax

Now you could change to EBC (I have....) and they shouldn't cost you more than £60 for the front pads.... and they definately reduce brake dust....