Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2.2 D4D Fuel Consumption

andye

Can anyone tell me what mpg I should expect from my 2006 2.2 d4d tourer . Its currently showing 43 mpg . My old mk1 2.0 d4d returned about 52 mpg .

Mine shows 42 average and i drive like a vicar.

It's all about how and where you drive plus what the time of year is.

My car returns on average ,

All town (not city) driving 38mpg, all motorway low 60,s and overall I've been averaging around 48mpg but this could be + or - 2mpg depending on the time of year.

Pete.

Wow, my 1998cc '05 Automatic T4 tourer PETROL is running at between 17 and 19mpg (90% of my driving is short runs - downhill to work, uphill back home). Need a Diesel next!

andye, I used to reckon 42mpg overall for Winter & 45mpg overall for Summer - but as t-spiritpete says that will vary depending upon where/how you drive.

Pankow, a diesel may not necessarily be the answer (perhaps a hybrid?) for you.

Modern diesels have higher maintenance costs particularly as they get older (turbos, injectors, dmf, dpf etc. are basically all 1k or more) so you have to weigh up the pros & cons for your own unique situation. (I've actually gone back to petrol because of this)

my 2007 2.2d est is reading 35 avarage on the trip only use Shell fuel and get 28 towwing my 1300kg caravan i may do the egr clean it had new injectors 10000 miles ago by mr t along with a new head cos one injector was stuck in the old head saw the car when it was in bits and the techy told me it was a good clean motor from what he saw

regards ste

thanks for the replies . sounds like my mpg is about where it should be .

mpg sounds about right

slightly of topic, but I agree with both Pete and Heidfirst, I've gone back to a petrol car [prefer the engine noise] but miss the torque, as my miles have dropped over the past year and also with a caution of the possibility of fear if you like, of the cost of replacement parts as they get older

I think I should be worried as my mpg is 30.1 mpg round town and thats with a Tunit box on it! and using fuel additives...

I think I should be worried as my mpg is 30.1 mpg round town and thats with a Tunit box on it! and using fuel additives...

You're not stuck in 1st gear are you?.....or driving it like you stole it?......Mind you coming over the hill past the Traveller's Rest won't be helping you much.

You're not stuck in 1st gear are you?.....or driving it like you stole it?......Mind you coming over the hill past the Traveller's Rest won't be helping you much.

Nope!... I'm driving it very steady! Gotta be something wrong with it! I did have a code come up ages ago saying large fuel leak! so took it into the main dealer and they said it needed a new fuel pump! but argued if there was a large leak I'd be able to see it or smell it! They wanted £1800 for a new one!!! so I changed the fuel filter(New one only been in for 5K) and ran BG244 through it and the code went!

The Mrs had been driving it and got all the lights on the dash come up so I changed the EGR to a new one which seemed to be okay! These cars are a bit of a worry to say the least! The thing is I love driving it, but its let down with to many issues...

I presume your are giving it plenty of welly occassionally, just to clear out the EGR valve area, exhaust etc?

Yep I've been giving it a good Italian tune up and dual's and hills!... Still not getting great mpg

Oh, thats a shame. It would have been nice if it was something simple - but then if it was simple you would already have sorted it out.

Might be time to pay for a diagnostic check and see what they find. Is there an independant guy you can use? Main dealers are well pricey and the ones I have used haven't been all that clever when it came to diagnostics.