Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gt 86

acetip

Called into my local Toyota dealers today to book in my Auris for a MOT.

They have a new GT 86 in red, standing in the showroom so i had to have a look.

A very nice looking car.The first thing i always check is how the doors shut,and these shut lovely, even sound even nicer than my Auris which are very good.

The boot catch is set so that it cannot be shut as they have disconnectd the Battery,maybe so that it will not be drained if a door/boot is not shut.

would have thought there would auto switch off of any lights after a certain time.

I didnt ask that.

The sales person was a lady from another branch and seemed to know her stuff.

I told her that i would buy a couple of them when i get the lottery up.

The tyres are not ultra low prophile as on some models but she admitted the ride was hard and added she had driven one for the day and enjoyed it but her passenger did not like the hard ride.

Dont Know if i could get in and out as the car is very low,she said why dont i sit in it,but i declined.

Altogether i was impressed with the design and build quality.

Must get an extra lottry ticket when i am in Saisburys next.

I had a look at the GT86 when I was in a while back getting my winter tyres. I sat in it too. That was my second time actually - couldn't resist ;) The first time I got in it was like falling into it because I never sat in a car that was so low before. But it was very comfortable inside, very luxurious :yes:. My Mum's a bit like you, she didn't sit in it because she's got pains and thought it would be too hard to get in and out. Its certainly very well designed and very nice looking. The one my dealers had was blue.

I like these, I think a few people have somewhat missed the point of them...

If I had to buy something new and sensible, they would certainly be on my list.

But I don't do "new" and "sensible" is somewhat subjective :D

I took one on a test drive a few days ago and as I was slipping down the A3 at 90 I must say it corners as if it were on wheels...

Now all I need is a few shekels more and she will be coming home............ B)

I took one on a test drive a few days ago and as I was slipping down the A3 at 90 I must say it corners as if it were on wheels...

Now all I need is a few shekels more and she will be coming home............ B)

Try the lottery Raist,you be able to have one of a different colour for each day of the week.

Yeah, the seating position is very 'race-driver' - My legs were almost straight when I sat in it :lol:

My VW-driving mate liked it but I was too used to the high seating position of my Yaris and couldn't get comfortable :(

All the controls feel really nice and solid tho' :)

Forgot to mention the car does not have a spare wheel,but a repair kit.Are they all like that now.

Said to sales lady i had heard that once the punctured tyre is filled the gunge to cure the leak then it has to be replaced.

She said the latest stuff they now use does not mess up the tyre like the old stuff. Dont know if this is true or Just her sales waffle.

Never had any experience of these kits myself.

Anyway it seems you can opt for a Spacesaver spare wheel instead.

Yup my M3 doesn't have a spare, just a "can of goo" - you can wash it out and reuse it, but most tyre places try it on.

I think more the issue is driving on it, in a flatter state tends to knacker the sidewalls.

It's pretty much the norm on anything sporty these days...No use in a blow out though!